DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

Hey, Guys from DJI, if you read the forum, already .0700 firmware is out why the hell you still ca not calibrate manual focus scale? Its almost impossible to focus right during low light/night shots and filming (AF option is totally crap in this situation)
Is it so f.#ing hard to make INFINITY to be what it should be???? and add a hyper-focal option also :)
You know all the lens and camera parameters the only thing to do is just to calculate it and and put the right figures in to software!

Just updated to .700 using Assistant on my Mac, update went through perfectly this time in probably less than 15 minutes to do both devices.

Just on dark here but took it outside for a quick flight off the driveway.
Hover showed a minor dose of TBS, (about a 1 meter diameter).
Landed and performed a Compass calibration and reflex it. TBS has gone and hover is very precise now. Continued to fly till battery warning, update seems good to me, will have to wait to weekend for real flight test but looks good so far.

Oh, no settings were reset this time, bonus!

Reactions: Rbruz and SeanOzz
Why does everybody use DJI assistant to upgrade firmware? I've never even downloaded it.

All of my firmware updates have been done over the air with no problems whatsoever. I've also never calibrated anything before or after an update.

Are people breaking things by unnecessarily and incorrectly calibrating?

I use assistant2 because it's faster and much more reliable.
For some people installing it is not the smoothest operation but once you have it installed it gives you access to many other tools like downloading the detailed log files and calibration tools.

Rob

I updated the firmware yesterday, and had my test flights this morning. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones, but the flights and footage were all great. I experienced no issues whatsoever. After a bit of airtime making sure I was happy with the performance I sent her out about 1/2 a mile away. No great shakes for you lot, but an epic voyage for me. I exceeded the 3.8gb file limit, and the 2nd file took over without any glitching from the gimbal. It's an odd thing how some Mavics seem prone to issues. Hope you all get sorted.

Reactions: Timbooo and Rbruz
Well i quickly tried .700 from .400 and my gimbal went loopy flying backwards, my signal was dropping down in places i have never had it drop down before.....will be rolling back at lunch time.

Reactions: Spanishcop
I use assistant2 because it's faster and much more reliable.
For some people installing it is not the smoothest operation but once you have it installed it gives you access to many other tools like downloading the detailed log files and calibration tools.

Rob

I second what he said

Why does everybody use DJI assistant to upgrade firmware? <snip>

All of my firmware updates have been done over the air with no problems whatsoever. I've also never calibrated anything before or after an update...
I second what he said :D

Obviously ones mileage varies. 4G phone connection here and updates via Go are a breeze for me.

I updated mine, I got full bars of gps inside my house, dont see any nfz warning, I think acquiring gps is much faster now, I don't have to reenter new settings.

Reactions: Rbruz
Stupid question, where can I download .400?
Ive looked all over dji website and cant find the firmware downloads. must be blind.

Stupid question, where can I download .400?
Ive looked all over dji website and cant find the firmware downloads. must be blind.
Use DJI Assistant to update. It will ask you which version you want to install. .400 is one of the options

Reactions: Rbruz
oh, so you cant download it to keep it safe?! means that when dji decide its gone, its gone?

No to download and Yup it will be gone.

So installed .700 FW and it basically changed nothing. Nothing good, nothing bad. The camera tilt is still there, I even had to increase the roll value to 1.0 (previously with .600 was 0.5) but it looks like it does not fluctuates as much when testing on the ground, could be different in the air.
Don't think will be upgrading any more unless release notes will specify "Gimbal tilt issue fixed".
No to download and Yup it will be gone.
I think there is an option in the go app for ios, where you can choose to downgrade, select the .400 FW and hit download and after its complete without taping refresh firmware (or whatever) it should be stored on your device sow you can downgrade even with out internet connection, and it looks like a FW pack for both RC and drone. But that is only speculation, haven't tried downgrading just downloading

After upgrading to .700 yesterday I realised i forgot to remove the gimbal clamp because the remote said so on the display. Was that message there in previous versions?

Well i quickly tried .700 from .400 and my gimbal went loopy flying backwards, my signal was dropping down in places i have never had it drop down before.....will be rolling back at lunch time.
Some roll forward,some roll back.

It looks like my gimbal is much more stable when pitching in yawing. I noticed a small drift in .600.

I updated my FW yesterday and I had all kinds of problems. I am on an Android and I have had very few issues with 550 or 600, but right out of the gate with 700 I could not get my phone to connect through the cable. I tried a different cable, I tried coming off the lower USB port rather than the micro connection. I finally got it to connect by going back to my factor angle cable that came with my MP. Once connected though it was hit and miss. It would randomly disconnect, the lag was terrible at times, it kept going into RTH, I couldn't even get it to respond with just using the remote! I finally gave up and downgraded to 400 and everything cleared right up. Actually I am probably just going to stay right where I am with 400 as the NFZ issue went away as well when I reverted back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise