DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

Can some explain why I show different firmware versions? I upgrade and this is what it's showing.
90d748e1b7c70e7e7096a7e61c264bdd.jpg
Edit: My mavic was born on March 29th

Reactions: EsiMavic
My new MP arrived today and as luck would have it mine came with .400. Amazingly B4UFly has me under 5 different airport radiuses and I was still able to fly just fine with .400.

Only major airports are NFZ, most of them just require notification.

Reactions: sirrraj
Thanks EsiMavic... Not sure I understand, How does that work?
I started it with the propellers off...
You will not notice it like when you update the mp n rc where you can see the progress because it will upgrade in background. If you really want to check it.check your batt version ever now and then if you see changes it was updated

Reactions: Cobrapyro
You will not notice it like when you update the mp n rc where you can see the progress because it will upgrade in background. If you really want to check it.check your batt version ever now and then if you see changes it was updated
Thanks for the info. and education, it's greatly needed and appreciated. Im flying to Tampa bay on Sunday... I dont want to lose this thing to the great blue sea. I'm praying anyway, just want some good footage. Ive only flown a handfull of times and need all the advice I can get.

Reactions: EsiMavic
That's interesting. I was referring to a DJI video posted recently by Msinger on unlocking NFZs. It clearly stated that to unlock the zone, firmware must be up to date. I'll go back and re-listen just to be sure but I was pi$$ed when I heard that.

I hope I am wrong and you are right on this.
I am on .550 and unlocked 2 different NFZ's last weekend with no issues.

So it appears that with .700 - there is STILL no fix for conflicts with the Litchi app?

Reactions: SeanOzz
4GB file bug still in .700

Unfortunately the .700 update is still effected by the gimbal/camera reset bug at 4GB.
I film 2.7/30, so 3.80GB max file size occurs at ~ 12:05 minutes.

First flight with .700 all fine and 4GB file switch worked seamlessly in background as it should. It occurred when Mavic was was gently cruising around about a mile away.

Second flight, file switch occurred when home bound at full throttle. Flying at 40mph and descending at full down stick in sport mode. On screen live feed showed motion bump with gimbal going haywire, tilted and out of focus. Onboard recording stopped and did not recommence a new file. Recording button showed recording stopped. FPV Cache continued recording for another 25 seconds displaying the event and eventually quit at 12:29.

S7 edge phone cache of event. SD stopped recording at first bump.

So there is still a bug in this process. Possibly what the aircraft is doing at the time of file switch has an effect on whether or not this issue occurs. Load on processors or current drain etc.
What?!? I hadn't heard that the gimbal reset issue is tied to a max file size being reached. Is that true for everyone? It's make sense. Also, a lot of people don't keep the camera rolling or don't film at 4K, so they may not notice the issue. I always film in 4K and when I had .600 on, this was becoming a regular occurrence.

My new MP arrived today and as luck would have it mine came with .400. Amazingly B4UFly has me under 5 different airport radiuses and I was still able to fly just fine with .400.

It's going to become harder and harder to stay with .400 but it's the last update that works perfectly and has little to no NFZ nagging. If I lived where you are I certainly would not update. Just fly using common sense and keep her low at all times.

Rob

Reactions: Timbooo
Here is my experience after .700

1st - i calibrate the compass
2nd - i calibrate the rc
3rd - i fired up the motors using the CSC. BUT i didnt turned on. so i use the app. Then it hover about a meter (default hover) but then the scary part of not having control on MP :(
4th - i grab it by hand and try to stop the motors by turning off the battery but it didnt. But it takes for awhile that i should stop thru the app since i "turn it on" also in the app.
5th - finally it stops.

Lesson learned:
Turn the motors on thru CSC. If it turns on you will have control on it. If not restart all.

About the gimbal reset.
it reset at first but the 2nd try i recorded my first 10 mins plus of video until it reset again. :(
I hope it will progress from 10mins to 11 to 12 until it will not stop. HOPEFULLY :)

Why did you do the steps 1 and 2 anyway?
Step 1 the app told me to do so.
Step 2 i initiated it. That could also be a lesson learned. Like the famous saying" if it aint broke dont fix it" do apply.

Reactions: Egika
Seems people still haven't noticed that the NFZ database is NOT tied to the app version. Even if you keep an old app you'll get the NFZ DB updates. And even if you keep the app from getting them they are also in the firmware anyway.
Right. So I'm not upgrading either.

Why does everybody use DJI assistant to upgrade firmware? I've never even downloaded it.

All of my firmware updates have been done over the air with no problems whatsoever. I've also never calibrated anything before or after an update.

Are people breaking things by unnecessarily and incorrectly calibrating?

Last edited:
Why does everybody use DJI assistant to upgrade firmware? I've never even downloaded it.

All of my firmware updates have been done over the air with no problems whatsoever.

I wonder as well, from day one I just used the DJI GO 4 app over WiFi, never bothered with the Assistant. Everything seems to have gone smoothly. All units update in order.

All of my firmware updates have been done over the air with no problems whatsoever. I've also never calibrated anything before or after an update.

Are people breaking things by unnecessarily and incorrectly calibrating?
For some people (myself included), firmwares over Wi-Fi don't work properly.
When I did my first update after purchase from 550 to 600, I had the Mavic for one day... didn't really know about the assistant and kept trying to update. The downloads kept failing... after about 10 attempts, finally the download went through and the update succeeded. But I can imagine that if you are aware of the assistant, you're not going to try 10 times, but after 1 or 2 you just try to do it with the assistant :)

Reactions: Budmancan
Here's my experience with .0700....

Uploading and updating all happened without a problem, about 15 minutes altogether, from the DJI GO4 app, using ipad mini2. Turned off the AC and RC. Restarted. Gimbal overload warning. Gimbal lock is off. Gimbal has not done it's gyrations upon boot up. The camera is facing up. Turn off and start again. Same thing. Can I turn on the motors? Pull the two sticks down in and the motors are on, the props spinning well, and the gimbal moves, camera faces forward. Turn off both and restart. Gimbal goes through it's normal routine, no error message. Ready to fly....

Reactions: Montana
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason