DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 is here "The-f-word" There is new firmware once again!

Most of the replies so far have revolved around the theme of a smooth installation and no obvious bugs. Since most people use the RC to do installations I think the smooth installation part is mostly due to improved loader code in .600 and has little to do with .700

Putting all of that aside what benefit have you gained using .700??

I see people who had gimbal issues and other problems with .500/.550/.600 saying the problem has gone away with .700 but many say they also never had the problem with .400

Are there any new features or is this really just .400 with fixed wing mode a NFZ nanny and the same range loss just like the previous versions?

Rob

I had issues with gimbal on .0600, but only in fixed wing mode on s-mode turning right. For this reason i rolled back to .0400. Now i updated to .0700 and made the same test and looks like it's much better but not 100% smooth. Will make a gimbal calibration and give it another chance tomorrow to see if it worth keeping this fw.

Reactions: SeanOzz
Gimbal is noticeably more stable and doesn't stay stuck in a tilt when yawing and pitching.

Yes Cyber but you were using .600 if I remember correctly. I don't think you would have had that problem with .400

Rob

I had issues with gimbal on .0600, but only in fixed wing mode on s-mode turning right. For this reason i rolled back to .0400. Now i updated to .0700 and made the same test and looks like it's much better but not 100% smooth. Will make a gimbal calibration and give it another chance tomorrow to see if it worth keeping this fw.

Your post is pretty much a summation of what I am reading about this firmware version. It seems like they did what they said. Fixed the gimbal problems by probably reverting back to the gimbal subroutines from .400 and then they probably fixed some stuff with the goggles.

Thanks
Rob

My mavic on .600 says it's up to date... No update on wifi or LTE. Restarted 3 times. Did DJI pull it already?

went for a flight tonight after updating to the latest firmware. flew from the same spot which gives great line of sight with no obstacles and i noticed the signal was dropping out a lot sooner than usual... could this been down to firmware or any other factors? there was a phantom 3 pro flying near me too but i doubt this has any effect

Reactions: Timbooo
Anyone test .700 with Autopilot yet??

went for a flight tonight after updating to the latest firmware. flew from the same spot which gives great line of sight with no obstacles and i noticed the signal was dropping out a lot sooner than usual... could this been down to firmware or any other factors? there was a phantom 3 pro flying near me too but i doubt this has any effect
could be a hundred things, try flying there for a while longer one flight is not enough. Just may have been more than normal signal disruption, best do a few flights first

Reactions: Roo and TroutboyNZ
Installed OTA, worked flawlessly and was finished within about 15mins.

Flew for almost 90 minutes today, didn't notice any issues.

One observation I made is that the NFZ warning when starting up is gone. It now says "Opti mode" or "Atti mode", but it allows you to fly without needing to have the GPS fix first.

It *seems* that the gimball is behaving slightly better, but I need more tests to conclued if this is real or wishful thinking...

Reactions: Robbyg
"One observation I made is that the NFZ warning when starting up is gone. It now says "Opti mode" or "Atti mode", but it allows you to fly without needing to have the GPS fix first."

I also noticed this as well, never used to say ATTI for me at all. I have flown distance tests with all firmware's since .400, they all vary, one day one is great, then next in the same location, same conditions... far less - too many environmental factors to say it's firmware I think.

I flew out to 2.5km with .700 yesterday and did a RTH, and no problems at all, rock solid reception on video transmission and connection, looked to have been happy to fly out to my 5km limit if I had more time.

i flew two flights 0400 yesterday My RC used 44 percent battery

0700 today one flight, twenty minutes used 5 percent, go figure

wonder if they drop the range its pushing out to save RC battery,. must work the battery much harder trying to throw a signal out so far.

then again some say they never lost any range since 0400, so maybe not who knows

DJI is like doing the lottery every day.

If i put airplane mode on before i start the app, i get the message back NFZ needs updating once again, love that every time i press ignore.

i only went out 600 metres and did not drop a bar at all. Does not mean much really but it normally drops a bar or two over 500m where i live quite fast.

Time will tell

range i am not so bothered by any more i have done 5 kilos that is enough for me (Thailand)

and 3 kilos here, (greater London)

on another note i went 8 miles away from Heathrow, for a flight today, yet them planes look so big i swear i could have flown alongside one.

Reactions: Testman
on another note i went 8 miles away from Heathrow, for a flight today, yet them planes look so big i swear i could have flown alongside one.
You flew the Mavic for 8 miles from around Heathrow? Maybe I misunderstood...

Which firmware and app versions are getting a better range?

Cyberpower and some others are saying the range is better. I suspect DJI went back to whatever they had in .400

I also like the fact that it's not looking for gps in order to startup. Now that just leaves the over use of NFZ as the only downside. Unfortunately it's a huge down side! I would love to upgrade but I am not sure what to do yet.

Rob

Not showing update. Even manually checked for update. Shall check again tomorrow.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique