DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

.700 vs .1000?

Can anyone confirm that the latest Mavic firmware is not locked down and that I'll be able to roll back to .700 if after receiving my AC back from DJI due to a warranty claim it comes back updated?

Can anyone confirm that the latest Mavic firmware is not locked down and that I'll be able to roll back to .700 if after receiving my AC back from DJI due to a warranty claim it comes back updated?
You have to roll back to 800 then from there you roll back to 700. That's currently the only method you can use

I also went from .1000 to .700, no issues.

.700 can be modded under the earlier version of DJI Assistant to remove No Fly Zones and altitude limitations. I couldn't hover inside of my house because I live just inside of a NFZ. I have no need to fly above 400ft.

My Mavic has flawless operation since I bought it early in 2017 under .700 I would upgrade the firmware if I could remove NFZs but each update brings potential problems.

I'm curious about active track as well, I had my mavic replaced with dji care which required me to downgrade. I may be having issues with active track. I haven't done a proper test because it's always raining or dark in vancouver.

I never upgraded past .0700. I always wait, before upgrading, to read about any new issues. The forums lit up with FW .0800 (or, it might have been .0900) which was (at the time) a FORCED upgrade. At the same time, information about the ability to hack .0700 FW hit the web, and I locked my baby down to .0700 then and there. I've tweaked the heck out of my FW ~ so I have the drone that I paid for ~ and am not locked into playing DJI games...

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Thank for your reply. All firmwares up to 1.04.0000 can rolled back to any previous versions. But it seems like downgrade from 1000 or 0000 causes active track issue. I'm trying to find solution. And want to know how many people have same problem AFTER rollback.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13