DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

8331 Propellers - Chinese Copies (eBay)

The ones I have ordered are indeed from an authorized DJI dealer, but was just curious if the OEM 8331 props are embossed with part number on the prop..

was just curious if the OEM 8331 props are embossed with part number on the prop..
They are labeled with "8331F" on the CCW props and "8331F CW" on the CW props.

I bought $5 platinum Chinese knock-off props from ebay and I don't like their quality. Mavic shakes when motors are engaged, flying was fine, seemed a bit faster actually, I still have to run some tests. But what's scary is that some plastic near the metal rods that hold the props, on the underside, was melted, so not sure how long that rod will stay in place before popping out and dislocating a propeller, sending my Mavic on its deathfall. When I bought them on ebay, I thought DJI official platinum props were $35, from the old videos I saw, but now I see they're down to $20 for a set of 4, and I can live with that. I'll be ordering a set from DJI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Props are so cheap that it is beyond me why people would cheap out on them to save a couple of dollars. Even if they're $35 versus $10, you have $800 riding on that measly $25 difference.

it's the economic mentality - why pay more for a brand name if you can pay less for a knock-off of same quality? Problem is, the knock-offs usually lack in quality, which is what I found out with these props. they were only $5...the price of a 20 ounce can of red bull...thought I'd give'em a try..just bought DJI ones from the official store.

Just to add one thing to this topic...

When I build custom quads, I often purchase cheap Chinese props. These need to be balanced out of the box (ok generally arrive in a bag). Once balanced, their performance is generally quite good and stable.

If you go down the route of cheap props, make sure that you have a prop balancer and balance the props before their first flight. Failure to do so will:
Generally result in poor flight (unless the props were pre balanced).
Cause damage to motor and bearings.
Cause damage to other components on the craft.
Cause issues with the flight controller / flight stability.
Cause jello effect in video.
Loosen screws.

That said, I toyed with the idea of cheap props for my Mavic, but decided not to use alternates. My consideration is that I have only been through one set of props in 2 years of having the Mavic. It's quite difficult to crash... unless you are doing a pan shot and fly into a tree sideways!!! Oops. It also gives DJI no excuse not to honour their warranty.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky