DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

9 Months of travelling: this the best of it.

Very nice! Give me a list of the places, I like to visit them. :)

What did you use, MP, GoPro etc.?

Very nice! Give me a list of the places, I like to visit them. :)

What did you use, MP, GoPro etc.?
Here you go - longest YouTube caption I've ever done!
It was all on the Mavic, save for underwater parts shot with a GoPro.

French/Swiss Alps: Chamonix - Verbier - Col de la Forclaz -Mont Fort -Stairway to Heaven ski route -Veysonnaz
New Zealand: Arthurs Pass - West Coast - Queenstown - Nugget point - Catlins - Jack's Blowhole - Parakaunui beach - Abel Tasman -New Chums beach - Raglan - Taranaki - Coromandel
Australia
Bali: Tagalalang - Nusa Penida - Nusa Lembongan - Nusa Ceningan -Ubud - Balangan - Tanah Lot
Java: Batu Karas - Green Canyon - Borobudur
Flores: Komodo - Rinca - Padar
UK: Croyde - Heddon's Mouth - Cheddar Gorge - Seaton - Appledore - Cambridge University - Canary Wharf
France: Domme Obertauern

Wow - great shots. Editing could have been tighter.,.. but awesome memento of your trip.

Very jealous of the locations you have seen!

Maybe place location names on clips.

Yeah that woulda been a good idea - an awful lot of places squeezed in! Is there any place you're interested in, or is it just a general comment?

Nice to see Cheddar Gorge appear. Instant recognition.

When do we get to see "9 months of travelling - the almost best bits" .... because there must be loads. ;)

Nice to see Cheddar Gorge appear. Instant recognition.

When do we get to see "9 months of travelling - the almost best bits" .... because there must be loads. ;)
Cheddar Gorge is a stunning place - I posted a video of it a few months back, and was really disappointed by the reception, but here's the link if you're interested.

How long have you got? :p There's a whoooole lot of footage!

Reactions: OzoneVibe
Wow - great shots. Editing could have been tighter.,.. but awesome memento of your trip.

Very jealous of the locations you have seen!

Do you mean the general kinda, lack of flow/storyboarding of any sort? Or is there any more specific advice to help me improve my editing?
Thanks in advance!

Wow, very nice indeed and so awesome to have something with memories like this...it would suck to settle into normal life after this; should consider a career in cinematography; surprised you were able to fly near Canary Wharf...sneaked that one in and you should be glad the Bobby’s did not confiscate it; well done though, great shots but agree some text to show locations would make it a great Traveller’s Guide to the planet

Do you mean the general kinda, lack of flow/storyboarding of any sort? Or is there any more specific advice to help me improve my editing?
Thanks in advance!
No offense - I am no expert! I LOVE your shots - really cinematic looking. Great eye for what is aesthetically pleasing. Music choice is nice and appropriate.

To me though - cutting to music as you have done... you have to get the clip lengths perfect. There are 4 or 5 bits in there where I think the cuts didn't work. Either they should have been done on a beat... or you tried to do it on a beat, but were off by 1/24th of s second or so (I know this doesn't seem much - but it drives me crazy)... and really sticks out. Even bits without a strong beat.. there will be an off beat that makes sense for a cut more than anywhere else... it is a feel thing.

In my last video i thought I had cut it well - but it was only by watching it over and over, and really learning to cut to the audio waveform rather than my ears... that I really got it where I wanted.

Love how you have tried to mix drone with go pro footage - continuous drone shots are too much - maybe could have spaced the different shots out more?

In a similar vein - great how you tried to switch it up with the rapid cut section to add energy.... but you needed to keep it going for longer.. when it stopped it felt too soon.

Lastly - needs some context. Good intro / credits and yeah... would have benefited from some titles through the video to orientate us.

Sorry - you did ask. Those who do do... those who can't try to instruct others :eek:) Ignore me!

No offense - I am no expert! I LOVE your shots - really cinematic looking. Great eye for what is aesthetically pleasing. Music choice is nice and appropriate.....
!

Thanks - really helpful, and do definitely agree with you! I've got a tendency to rush through the edits at the moment; generally doing them with the volume pretty low, and not worrying too much about the detail, and you're right, it definitely does show.

Out of interest (and if you have a few minutes), what do you make of this video? I spent a LOT more time on the edit (was slower at using FCP, but that meant more careful as well). Retrospectively I think I over edited it - too glitchy, and too heavily influenced by tacky travel bloggers, but at the time I was pleased.

Cheers :)

Reactions: doccy
Yeah - I can see you know what you are doing! Better progression of the story and the cuts are timed a lot better.

Thought the jump cut was good. Not so keen on the glitchy rapid cuts.. some of which were bordering on subliminal messaging (the boat at 30 seconds really jarred)!

**** that was the holiday of a lifetime :)

Yeah - I can see you know what you are doing! Better progression of the story and the cuts are timed a lot better.

Thought the jump cut was good. Not so keen on the glitchy rapid cuts.. some of which were bordering on subliminal messaging (the boat at 30 seconds really jarred)!

**** that was the holiday of a lifetime :)

Thanks - I think in future I should probably go for somewhere between the two!
A little more thought and time put in, but not toooo much editing/effects.

Thanks for your advice!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique