DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A library/reference-thread of repair costs, where the pilot has paid the cost whilst NOT using Care Refresh etc..

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
I have often thought such a thing would be useful so that people might get an idea of the cost they may incur if they need a repair.
Perhaps, if enough people contribute this could become one....unless one already exists and I have missed it.

I am thinking primarily of repairs/swaps paid for by the pilot, with the cost being based on what needed fixed with the repair/swap being carried out by DJI themselves.
Listing/quoting 'local work ' i.e. shops etc. would probably not be as globally applicable.
I am NOT thinking of 'one fee covers all' Care Refresh repairs/swaps.

As such I think any posts should include a list of the
a) the drone model.
b) Maybe what the pilot thought was damaged (though I can well imagine a knowledgable and thorough repairer would spot damage the average pilot would not).
c) Components needing replacement and their cost.
d ) The labour charge.
e) Whether those prices include any discount and if so the percentage discount.

Last edited:
Air2s: broken right front arm (accidentally stepped on) $45 total repair

Air2s: high pitched screeching from motor (no crash but no known cause) $30 total repair

RCPro: replace all buttons and slider switch (accidental spill) and replace faulty HDMI port: buttons were $1, slider $1, HDMI port $15, labor $40

I've never had a problem with either the speed or pricing on DJI repairs. They seem very fair to me

Mavic Pro, bought in 2016.
Famous 'wobly video' & gimbal calibration error, no known cause (march 2023).
Received a brand new drone, 1 week turnaround time, total cost €150.
(Could be a refurbished drone, all serial numbers are different, had to link the drone to the controller and activate it.)

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Air 2S, broke off rear arm (pilot error :rolleyes:). Sent to DJI, took about one week (amazingly quick), cost $90 (amazingly inexpensive), but they sent me a refurb.

Full story here...

Air2s:

Broken camera module. (not sure how that is different than the gimbal, but it was detached and just hanging by a wire after striking something. This is the words that came back in the quote)

Broken main frame

1 motor damaged

All props replaced

$210

As always, with all my DJI repair experiences, I think they work very quickly and very reasonable pricing.

Mini 2, no Refresh/no warranty. Crashed into a tree due to RTH snafu(user error) and it sat out in the rain for 2 days.

Cracked body, battery door broken off, broken props, cosmetic damage, gimble assm completely severed and obvious water damage.

Filed a claim and recvd via email a shipping label. 2 days later was emailed a quote for $77.00 USD which I paid with a CC via the repair portal. 5 days later, received a brand new Mini 2(different serial number/factory tape attached).

So, approx 8 day turn-around, grand total of $77.00. They covered shipping to and from. I absolutely cannot say enough about DJI support, outside warranty customer care, repair price and turn around time! Unless something in the drone market drastically changes, DJI has a customer for life.

Mavic Pro, bought in 2016.
Famous 'wobly video' & gimbal calibration error, no known cause (march 2023).
Received a brand new drone, 1 week turnaround time, total cost €150.
(Could be a refurbished drone, all serial numbers are different, had to link the drone to the controller and activate it.)
That's not bad. That's a good way to refresh an old drone. I still have my Mavic Pro that I waited patiently for 6 weeks and finally got it in the middle of December 2016. It still has the firmware that did not have geofencing. I haven't flown it in several years since I seem to have acquired 4 other ones including the new Air 3. I'm sure all the batteries are shot but I'm keeping it as a museum piece.

what would the cot of an air 3 rear left arm replacment including shipping

Interesting thread, luckily I have not had to use their services.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan