DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A likely dumb question about carrying a toy camera.

InvisibleElvis

Reactions
I have a completely theoretical, likely stupid question about a dream I've had for a little while, ever since I heard about drones I thought it would be super cool to carry a very small, lightweight instant camera on a drone. I've heard the Mavic lifts about a kilogram. Would it be possible to set up a remote mechanism and have it carry an Instax or some sort of camera up to 100m and then come straight back down?

I have no doubt it will void my warranty, burn my crops and kill me but just theoretically, would it work. the payload would definitely be less than a kilogram.

I have a completely theoretical, likely stupid question about a dream I've had for a little while, ever since I heard about drones I thought it would be super cool to carry a very small, lightweight instant camera on a drone. I've heard the Mavic lifts about a kilogram. Would it be possible to set up a remote mechanism and have it carry an Instax or some sort of camera up to 100m and then come straight back down?

I have no doubt it will void my warranty, burn my crops and kill me but just theoretically, would it work. the payload would definitely be less than a kilogram.

Certainly possible, but would approach it from a different direction and use a portable printer instead. Wouldn't even have to land the Mavic; snap a shot, transfers to your phone, send it to the printer, hand it out, fulfill your dream. This would be pretty cool!

Reactions: MaxBotev
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929