DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s A "Little Planet" using an Air 2S, Spherical Panorama and Photoshop

Interficiam Stercore

Reactions
Using the Air2S Spherical Panorama you can create a little planet in Photoshop with no edge misalignment. Photoshop has a feature in Filters - Distort - "Polar Coordinates". What you do is take you spherical panorama, bring it into photoshop, make the photo square 1x1, flip it 180 degrees, goto Filters- Distort -, then click Polar Coordinates. Because the photo that was taken by the drone is 360 degrees the edges of the photo line up exactly after the photo is bent to create a sphere Air2S 360 Pano Small Planet.jpg.

Last edited:
I have just tried this with Autel's "spherical panorama" sequence. It doesn't work well at all. I imported Autels spherical panorama into Photoshop, Lightroom and another stitcher and they all came out in deformed with many artifacts. I don't know what software autel would recommend, but their not doing so well with their panorama software. Maybe they will correct this issue down the road.

Using the Air2S Spherical Panorama you can create a little planet in Photoshop with no edge misalignment. Photoshop has a feature in Filters - Distort - "Polar Coordinates". What you do is take you spherical panorama, bring it into photoshop, make the photo square 1x1, flip it 180 degrees, goto Filters- Distort -, then click Polar Coordinates. Because the photo that was taken by the drone is 360 degrees the edges of the photo line up exactly after the photo is bent to create a sphere View attachment 133658.
I really wish there was a easy way to export this view from the 360 shots on the dji products.. You can see it in the image folder in the app itself but cant export just it and drives me nutts!

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams