DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Sad Goodbye from Me

So sad to see you go, hopefully with the combination of text to speech and medical advancement, you will not have to say goodbye.
Even though your sight is failing you can still be an active and most welcome member of this forum, your eyesight may be going dim but your brain is still as sharp as ever....... remember you don’t have to fly to understand a problem... Stephen Hawkins was confined to a wheelchair yet discovered black holes!

Those of you that know me will be aware that I’ve been losing my eye sight. At only 46, it’s a crappy situation to be in. Unfortunately, I’ve now got to the point where I can no longer drive, and no longer fly a drone safely. So, I’m sadly selling my equipment and leaving the hobby. I’ve been struggling to read without aid now too, so I won’t be visiting the forum much and as I’m going to miss flying it will be painful to come here and read about you all having fun.

This forum has been a fantastic place, and is full of excellent people.I wish you all a right, happy and healthy future. Stay safe! :)

Shaun
So sad to hear this, it must be the worst thing to lose, out hearts go out to you from the UK.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Those of you that know me will be aware that I’ve been losing my eye sight. At only 46, it’s a crappy situation to be in. Unfortunately, I’ve now got to the point where I can no longer drive, and no longer fly a drone safely. So, I’m sadly selling my equipment and leaving the hobby. I’ve been struggling to read without aid now too, so I won’t be visiting the forum much and as I’m going to miss flying it will be painful to come here and read about you all having fun.

This forum has been a fantastic place, and is full of excellent people.I wish you all a right, happy and healthy future. Stay safe! :)

Shaun

How sad.

Shaun
That's awful God bless

Shaun

So, so sorry to learn of this Shaun. I suppose some conciliation that you have had the gift of sight up until now. We all take our sight for granted and it’s only when such devastating things happen in our life that we realise just how precious our health and our senses are.

There is some amazing work going on in this field right now and I sincerely hope something good can happen for you in the near future.

Take Care.

Hey, sorry to hear your eyes are failing I understand for I'm a diabetic and am wearing glasses now at 58 so I get it. The very best to you bro.and stay blessed in all you do I'm praying for you and your family friend. I really hope something can be done for you to see again.

This really made me sad. I sincerely wish you all the best for the future and hope you can find another hobby to keep you busy. Take care, Shaun.

Shaun
Thank you for your sage advice and may God be with you Shaun.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro