DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

a safer way to catch your Mavic

I hand catch without touching a single setting.. No problem either. Just when you put your hand under it moves up a few inches. Then stick down and bam

I just did this. Brought it down and tried sneaking my hand under it and it rose. Then tried left stick full back and it came down and landed in my hand soft as a feather, no drama whatsoever.

Reactions: mad monkey
And without having to drink around with settings
Nope, all sensors on. In the past I had snatched it out of the air and that is a bit nerve wracking. Left stick back was as smooth as could be, very cool.

Last edited:
Not sure why one would anyone would hand catch a drone. And to those that claim they need to hand catch due to rocky or unstable landing areas, how did you launch?

Not sure why one would anyone would hand catch a drone. And to those that claim they need to hand catch due to rocky or unstable landing areas, how did you launch?
Same way.. Flat palm.. Start up the engine. Then take off. Not hard and honestly it's an important skill for your tool box.

And yes drink around.. Because I don't think the forum likes the word dink

Reactions: JDawg

Are you serious?
I’m sure you can think of lots of reasons to handcatch drones.
And most areas unsuitable for landing are also unsuitable for launching, so ever heard of handlaunching? [emoji12]

Are you serious?
I’m sure you can think of lots of reasons to handcatch drones.
And most areas unsuitable for landing are also unsuitable for launching, so ever heard of handlaunching? [emoji12]
Of course I've heard of hand launching. Seen tons of videos of guys trying to look cool doing it even though the ground is perfectly suitable for landing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78