DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A seagull almost took my drone down while I was overwater

Yaros

Reactions
This was scary!
I was returning my drone over water when suddenly out of nowhere I see a seagull flying into it, I push up but it's too late, my drone starts spinning and falling down! I see it spinning and then it loses signal.
At that moment I was sure it fell into the sea and was preparing to go to the place it "crashed".
But then I heard my RC beeping and saw it is returning home! What a save!

Sadly I wasn't recording at the moment it happened...
Now I'm a little scared flying over water :)

Any similar experiences from you?

This was scary!
I was returning my drone over water when suddenly out of nowhere I see a seagull flying into it, I push up but it's too late, my drone starts spinning and falling down! I see it spinning and then it loses signal.
At that moment I was sure it fell into the sea and was preparing to go to the place it "crashed".
But then I heard my RC beeping and saw it is returning home! What a save!

Sadly I wasn't recording at the moment it happened...
Now I'm a little scared flying over water :)

Any similar experiences from you?
I had that with a seagull as well, flew straight at my Air 2, but it dodged away the last minute, whew..

I haven't had any problems with gulls before.
But a few weeks back, I had one that kept coming back to swoop toward the drone.
He made four high speed passes and came within a metre each time.
I managed to grab a shot as he came in on one pass.
i-2sNtKSp-XL.jpg

I was flying at Moss Landing, California when a seagull attacked my Mavic Air 2. I flew back to where I was very quickly and misjudged how long it would take for the drone to stop when it got to me and it crashed into the dune behind me. The Gimbel never recovered. I had the insurance package, so just sent the drone in and got a replacement. Then I read in here that you should always fly straight up and they won't usually follow you. Haven't been back again yet. I think there were young Seagulls around, so he may have been protecting his family.

I had a recent near miss....a seagull went all Maverick in front of me and went inverted. Can be seen at the start of this Reel:

Seagull near miss

In the last frame containing the seagull, you can see my drone shadow on it:

Maverick.jpg

Reactions: BethanyFerrell
I haven't had any problems with gulls before.
But a few weeks back, I had one that kept coming back to swoop toward the drone.
He made four high speed passes and came within a metre each time.
I managed to grab a shot as he came in on one pass.
i-2sNtKSp-XL.jpg

@beermat @Meta4, Once again kudos to DJI for having the foresight to put forward sensors on our drones
😀

Reactions: beermat
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC