DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A terrific dedicated 10 core processor phone for flying the Mavic Pro - all for $134

One thing that is strange, is why Gearbest stopped selling it, since it just came out this year.
I live in a populated area, with many houses, wires and trees, so I can't take off in open space.
I abort the return to home when I can see it, and land manually in tripod mode.

I don't mean it has to be a ballpark but just open enough that there is little latitude with space. The Mavic is generally so reliable I wouldn't hesitate to have taken off from that bridge. But I didn't anticipate a loss of communication and the RTH, if I was forced to wait for the battery to wind down and use it, would have to be exact to land back on the bridge path assuming i didn't have the power to control it as it happened I did. And being highly magnetic might have produced some interference. Therefore, for me, lesson learned. I did take off from the narrow path in the woods several times with narrow openings through the trees. But this time I was glad I waited until I got to an open area at the end of the bridge as opposed to taking off right on the bridge.

Last edited:
One thing that is strange, is why Gearbest stopped selling it, since it just came out this year.
I live in a populated area, with many houses, wires and trees, so I can't take off in open space.
I abort the return to home when I can see it, and land manually in tripod mode.
They generally come back. But the history is that they always get a certain number in and sell them until their gone. It is available on aliexpress for the same price.

Buy Products Online from China Wholesalers at Aliexpress.com

Last edited:
I asked gearbest why did you stop selling the Leagoo T10?

this is what they said

Dear steven,

Thank you for contacting Gearbest.com.

After I checked on our website, the item you choosed is not avaliable to ship anymore because the supplier will not produce that item anymore. In this case, I advise you to exchange with another item of your choice to replace the old one.

If you do not exchange, we are willing to help you to cancel this order and refund to you.

We sincerely appreciate your understanding in this matter and wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Should you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us anytime.

Best Regards

Lillian

Gearbest Customer Service

GearBest: Online Shopping - Best Gear at Best Prices

I asked gearbest why did you stop selling the Leagoo T10?
this is what they said
Dear steven,
Thank you for contacting Gearbest.com. After I checked on our website, the item you choosed is not avaliable to ship anymore because the supplier will not produce that item anymore. In this case, I advise you to exchange with another item of your choice to replace the old one. If you do not exchange, we are willing to help you to cancel this order and refund to you.
We sincerely appreciate your understanding in this matter and wish to apologize for any inconvenience caused. Should you have any questions or require additional information, please feel free to contact us anytime.
Best Regards
Lillian
Gearbest Customer Service

GearBest: Online Shopping - Best Gear at Best Prices

That is a bummer - too bad - its works very well and is a great choice for a Mavic Pro display phone.

alibaba told me they don't have it and they have everything made in china.
Flew my new Visuo XS809H-W-HD-G for the first time today. It's a lot better than the Mavic!

alibaba told me they don't have it and they have everything made in china.
Flew my new Visuo XS809H-W-HD-G for the first time today. It's a lot better than the Mavic!

In what way do you think its better?

I think that was sarcasm. I checked specs on the Visuo. Appears to modeled after Mavic but extremely limited in flight time / range and just about everything else. Probably fun to zip around with or let your kid fly but in comparison to Mavic...well there isn't any.

I was joking. it does work, but it's not stable like mavic. I would only fly it in an open area.

Here's another phone I just hear about.

UleFone Armor 2 4G Smartphone Waterproof 5.0 inches 6GB RAM 64GB ROM

My impressions - I managed to get the T10 while it was on special - for US$135 + $6 P&H (about A$177). First impressions is that it a great phone and has worked flawlessly with my Mavic to date (DJI Go 4 crashed on my Sony Z5 Compact). Great size screen.

Hopefully this, or something similar will still be available out there.

Great thread. I just picked up a Mavic and was wondering if any of the cheap Chinese phones would work. I don't know how they come up with these company names, but god bless how they manage to manufacture this stuff so cheap . . .

Glad I jumped on this "phablet" (their term, not mine! LOL) when I did - mine left customs in Miami this afternoon and should be here in a couple days.

I've been using an iPhone 7 - not the best in the bright sun, plus it's a pain breaking it from its case whenever I want to fly. Will be nice to have a device dedicated to the quads.

Any updates on Leagoo T10 performance first hand? its back in stock at GearBEst for $211

I was considering a Chinese phone in my quest for a cheap device, but I ended up buying an Sony Xperia Z3 for $90. Should be here this week. I've read a couple of posts that indicate it works very well. It supposedly has a nice bright 5'2" 1080p 600nit screen and excellent battery life.

My Nexus 7 2013 tablet works flawlessly with Go and that has a weaker CPU, so I'm hoping the Z3 works as well as people claim. If so, this would be an even cheaper device than a Chinese phone. If not, I wasted my beer money . . .

Hope it works for you. Where it has a 2.5 Ghz CPU I wonder if being a quad core will be sufficient to move the video? It would be great if it had a higher then Android 4.4. For myself I like something close to 6 inches as I have a 5 inch iphone that works flawlessly but is too small for me. Keep us posted.

I was just flying the Mavic, ran into disconnect issues and signal loss issues. So, I re-downloaded the DJI Go4App, recalibrated the IMU and compass, set it to my preferred flight settings, and no disconnect issue or weak signal.

Hope it works for you. Where it has a 2.5 Ghz CPU I wonder if being a quad core will be sufficient to move the video? It would be great if it had a higher then Android 4.4. For myself I like something close to 6 inches as I have a 5 inch iphone that works flawlessly but is too small for me. Keep us posted.

I was just flying the Mavic, ran into disconnect issues and signal loss issues. So, I re-downloaded the DJI Go4App, recalibrated the IMU and compass, set it to my preferred flight settings, and no disconnect issue or weak signal.

I have high hopes, my Nexus 7 2013 has an inferior CPU and runs great. I'm not sure how important the number of cores is, but I would hazard a guess single core performance is more relevant. The concept of multiple cores between a desktop and a mobile device isn't quite the same.

The Z3 is on Android 6 now. Ideally I'd like a 5.5" screen, but I'm willing to give up space for quality/brightness. I have the Nexus 7 if I need a bigger screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki