DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A terrific dedicated 10 core processor phone for flying the Mavic Pro - all for $134

I have high hopes, my Nexus 7 2013 has an inferior CPU and runs great. I'm not sure how important the number of cores is, but I would hazard a guess single core performance is more relevant. The concept of multiple cores between a desktop and a mobile device isn't quite the same.

The Z3 is on Android 6 now. Ideally I'd like a 5.5" screen, but I'm willing to give up space for quality/brightness. I have the Nexus 7 if I need a bigger screen.

i also use a Nexus 7 2013 model without hassle, screen much brighter then the ipad mini 2 i once used and great without needing a hood everytime its mildly sunny like other devices, cost me £30 off ebay. whoop whoop.

i also use a Nexus 7 2013 model without hassle, screen much brighter then the ipad mini 2 i once used and great without needing a hood everytime its mildly sunny like other devices, cost me £30 off ebay. whoop whoop.

The screen on the Nexus is great!

I will say this, though - got my Z3 today, subjectively I'd say it's even a little brighter than the Nexus. This is the best screen I've personally seen on cell phone both in terms of brightness and quality. What kind of crazy stuff is Sony putting out now, 3 years later . . .

Have you tested it with the Mavic Pro? It took some time for me to see that my first Leagoo Smartphone, the M80 Pro, did not work as the video would freeze up.

The weather has been garbage the past few weeks, but I've managed about 5 or 6 flights with the Xperia Z3 - it's been flawless. Butter smooth and incredible screen. Battery life is excellent, uses about 15% with the screen on full bore over 3 Mavic batteries. 90 bucks well spent so far.

5.2" seems to be just about the right size, I can comfortably reach everything with my thumbs. Fits perfect in the controller.

Phone finally arrived from China (after 2 months!!) this phone is awesome by the x way... I'm absolutely blown away by how good and how cheap it is! Feels solid too...
Advice... There seems to be more than one version out there... Get the X626 version with 4gb ram

I tried to get a second one for a friend and gearbest said they are discontinued

As long as wifi is off whilst flying its good

Yeah, it's discontinued now but you may still be able to get it from aliexpress

Shame as it's such an awesome device

Yeah, it's discontinued now but you may still be able to get it from aliexpress

Shame as it's such an awesome device
It's a terrific phone and surprisingly was only listed once. Now it almost doesn't show up anywhere but an occasional AliExpress listing. With winter weather here I haven't flown my Mavic in many weeks but when I pulled it out the phone was still 100% charged. It does work exceptionally well. As an alternate phone I see that Gearbest has a LeEco Le S3 X626 with a similar configuration that may work as well. It not 5.7" but 5.5" and the configuration should work just as well as the Leagoo T10. If you go to Leagoo's website they don't even list the T10 any more so I'm not sure what happened to it. But I'm certainly very glad that I jumped on it when I did as it's fantastic display phone.

Last edited:
Geek Bench is showing this phone slightly slower then the wonder phone

LeEco Le S3 - Geekbench Browser

HUAWEI H1711 - Geekbench Browser

I'm convinced that by awesomeness/price ratio, Wunderphone has absolutely no rivals.

Also, it's Huawei, not some no-name. The major difference is that big names, being afraid of class action lawsuits, don't put spyware on their devices; the no-names are typically infested with OS-level spyware, bitcoin miners, back doors for more remotely loaded code, etc. - nobody can reach them with a lawsuit and they disappear and reappear under different names every day.

It would be interesting to see all connections that these phones sprawl to Mother China, with an app like Connects or similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashley
I'm convinced that by awesomeness/price ratio, Wunderphone has absolutely no rivals.

Also, it's Huawei, not some no-name. The major difference is that big names, being afraid of class action lawsuits, don't put spyware on their devices; the no-names are typically infested with OS-level spyware, bitcoin miners, back doors for more remotely loaded code, etc. - nobody can reach them with a lawsuit and they disappear and reappear under different names every day.

It would be interesting to see all connections that these phones sprawl to Mother China, with an app like Connects or similar.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot

Spec wise I regret I have to strongly disagree with this statement. You’re getting ONLY what you’re paying for and it’s not all that WUNDERFUL with the Huwaei compared to the Leagoo and Le Eco.

(1) The Leagoo Media Tek Helio Processor is in the top 1%, the LeEco SnapDragon 652 is in the top 35% and the Huwaei SnapDragon is in the top 48%.

(2) The Huwaei horsepower is only 1.4Ghz compared to 2.0Ghz and 2,3Ghz in the others. Two phones I had with the less than 2.0Ghz couldn’t move the video (i.e. lagging) as well as those with 2.0GHz or more.

(3) The Huwaei has only 2GB RAM compared to 4GB in the Leagoo & Le Eco. Coupled with the horsepower I believe it contributed to the lagging as the phone even with most all apps removed uses about 1.0 RAM or more leaving less than 1.0 RAM left.

(4) The Huwaei has only 16GB ROM compared to 32 with the Leagoo & Le Eco

(5) The screen on the Huwaei is only 5.5” compared to 5.7” on the Leagoo.

(6) The Screen Resolution on the Huwaei pales in comparison to the other two (720 x 1080 vs. 1920 x 1080.). A major factor for fine display detail when flying with a smartphone or iPhone.

(7) The camera resolution on the Huwaei is only 4032 x 3024 compared to 4608 x 3456 on the Le Eco and 4160 x 3120 on the Leagoo.

(8) The camera mega pixel is only 12.19 on the Huwaei compared to 15.93 on the Le Eco and 12.98 on the Leagoo.

(9) The video resolution on the Huwaei is only 1920 x 10 80 compared to 3840 x 2160 on the Leagoo & Le Eco.

(10) The Video Mega Pixel on the Huwaei is a pale 2.07 compared to 8.29 on the Leagoo and Le Eco.

Spec wise I regret I have to strongly disagree with this statement. You’re getting ONLY what you’re paying for and it’s not all that WUNDERFUL with the Huwaei compared to the Leagoo and Le Eco.

(1) The Leagoo Media Tek Helio Processor is in the top 1%, the LeEco SnapDragon 652 is in the top 35% and the Huwaei SnapDragon is in the top 48%.

(2) The Huwaei horsepower is only 1.4Ghz compared to 2.0Ghz and 2,3Ghz in the others. Two phones I had with the less than 2.0Ghz couldn’t move the video (i.e. lagging) as well as those with 2.0GHz or more.

(3) The Huwaei has only 2GB RAM compared to 4GB in the Leagoo & Le Eco. Coupled with the horsepower I believe it contributed to the lagging as the phone even with most all apps removed uses about 1.0 RAM or more leaving less than 1.0 RAM left.

(4) The Huwaei has only 16GB ROM compared to 32 with the Leagoo & Le Eco

(5) The screen on the Huwaei is only 5.5” compared to 5.7” on the Leagoo.

(6) The Screen Resolution on the Huwaei pales in comparison to the other two (720 x 1080 vs. 1920 x 1080.). A major factor for fine display detail when flying with a smartphone or iPhone.

(7) The camera resolution on the Huwaei is only 4032 x 3024 compared to 4608 x 3456 on the Le Eco and 4160 x 3120 on the Leagoo.

(8) The camera mega pixel is only 12.19 on the Huwaei compared to 15.93 on the Le Eco and 12.98 on the Leagoo.

(9) The video resolution on the Huwaei is only 1920 x 10 80 compared to 3840 x 2160 on the Leagoo & Le Eco.

(10) The Video Mega Pixel on the Huwaei is a pale 2.07 compared to 8.29 on the Leagoo and Le Eco.

All of this has absolutely no relevance to Wunderphone being a wunderscreen for Mavic. It performs flawlessly, for only $49. It's GE. What's Good Enough, is good enough.

Nobody expects it to be a bitcoin miner or levitate. It was discovered for one purpose only - be a cheap dedicated Mavic device. That it actually doesn't suck as a general use smartphone as well, is only a plus.

Get one to see yourself. You can still get Wunderphone RPE (Rich Pilot Edition) at Best Buy for $65, or the classic one for $89 at Walmart. (USA only)

Reactions: krnlueck
All of this has absolutely no relevance to Wunderphone being a wunderscreen for Mavic. It performs flawlessly, for only $49. It's GE. What's Good Enough, is good enough.

Nobody expects it to be a bitcoin miner or levitate. It was discovered for one purpose only - be a cheap dedicated Mavic device. That it actually doesn't suck as a general use smartphone as well, is only a plus.

Get one to see yourself. You can still get Wunderphone RPE (Rich Pilot Edition) at Best Buy for $65, or the classic one for $89 at Walmart. (USA only)
I already have the UNDERPHONE, purchased it when this was first posted for a 2nd drone, and don't agree that it is anywhere near as good. If it works for you - terrific - your requirements appear very minimal. But I won't use it or even recommend it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom