DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A Twist in the Plot / 10.05.2022 UK | 09:00 (EDT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're correct.
The original Mavic Pro had this feature!
Oh no it doesn't, sorry to disappoint you, +30 degrees max, (from horizontal). How do know? I've got one. Still fly's like a dream (after 5 years), and does everything it says on the box! unlike some of the new stuff they're putting out. I can't believe people are buying expensive "prototypes", before they're even finished?!

Would you buy a (4 wheel) car with only 3 wheels on i?, it's seems to me a lot of people do. "We'll put the fourth wheel on in a couple of months sir....when we've finished designing it properly". How odd.

Original Mavic Pro DID in fact have this feature. I had one and loved taking vertical panoramas.

From DJI specs for original Mavic Pro gimbal controllable range:

Pitch: -90° to +30°
Roll: 0° or 90° (Horizontally and vertically)

Last edited:
That's basically it.
Most of the users for the Mini line are social media users.
Now you spend less time trying to figure out the composition and just capture and use a quick editing program, if you desire so.
Don't forget that pilots fly Minis too, not just photographers!

:)

Apologies. With the camera in portrait orientation, that could be the case. Maybe that is why the lens is positioned to the left? I really really hope you are right.

with the chip shortages, this one will be sold out until after Christmas I am afraid. I am ready to order at several places just so that I have 1 on launch date. Guess the nano + is cancelled as it has the same archaic drone/camera design as all non -mini3 pro dji offerings

Even with the camera in landscape mode, 60 degree camera elevation would allow a full vertical view as long as the vertical field of view of the camera is greater than 60 degrees.

With the camera in portrait position, the drone would certainly be capable of shooting directly overhead. However, the fuselage, arms, and props might intrude into the image.

• Love
Reactions: test2000Anafi
Owning two Parrot Anafi's I can tell you having the having camera able to move 180° tilt is not something you will use very often. Other then a complete 360 degree pano I have no other use for this option. The going under bridges for inspection is very over rated and not many would use it for that as most times you lose GPS. If the Mini 3 has a 60 degree movement then that is plenty.

Reactions: Wreckhunter
Owning two Parrot Anafi's I can tell you having the having camera able to move 180° tilt is not something you will use very often. Other then a complete 360 degree pano I have no other use for this option. The going under bridges for inspection is very over rated and not many would use it for that as most times you lose GPS. If the Mini 3 has a 60 degree movement then that is plenty.
You probably used it all the time without even knowing it; When flying upwind it is what causes your horizon to stay in position

You probably used it all the time without even knowing it; When flying upwind it is what causes your horizon to stay in position
LOL you are one of the most uneducated posters on here. If my gimble went to full 90 degrees because my anafi was traveling so fast I would have noticed. No wonder you were removed from the Anafi forum, As you should be from here with all your trolling posts. What is it going to take for the owner of this forum to see how many people complain about you and have you on ignor?

Same brightness as RC Pro?

I feel like I’m ripping DJI off by paying only 999 euro..
Get it right, he said he was not sure as there were no specs out YET. You keep flapping your lips but you you have no facts to back it up. He said he could be wrong. Why do you want to make fact before it is known in the specs. More of you trolling without any facts for sure.

LOL you are one of the most uneducated posters on here. If my gimble went to full 90 degrees because my anafi was traveling so fast I would have noticed. No wonder you were removed from the Anafi forum, As you should be from here with all your trolling posts. What is it going to take for the owner of this forum to see how many people complain about you and have you on ignor?
If the gimbal is tilted up 40 degrees and the airframe is going forward tilted down 40 degrees (sport mode with all limiters off) then it would still stay hold its 40 degree above horizon position. So even if you didn’t fly under a bridge, you were still using it. It is you who is uneducated because you need somebody like me to explain it to you

you also don’t understand why this drone beats air2s image quality.
you need YouTube comparisons to show it to you as you cannot comprehend the technology. That is not trolling, that is just an observation

Get it right, he said he was not sure as there were no specs out YET. You keep flapping your lips but you you have no facts to back it up. He said he could be wrong. Why do you want to make fact before it is known in the specs. More of you trolling without any facts for sure.
A knowledgable YouTuber who actually has both controllers is saying he cannot see a difference.

yet you still are in denial and praying for paper specs to show a difference? The fact is that somebody with both cannot see a difference outside. He is even using the controller in direct sunlight. That is enough for me but anyway this is amazing news and if that makes you sad then I feel really sorry for you

• Haha
Reactions: Jagerbomb52
That new RC looks good. 2 wheels rather than 1, and 2 extra buttons on the back.
If I get a Mini 3 I will certainly be buying the version that comes with that.

That new RC looks good. 2 wheels rather than 1, and 2 extra buttons on the back.
If I get a Mini 3 I will certainly be buying the version that comes with that.
How cool would it be if you can use it for all your current drones? Fingers crossed

A knowledgable YouTuber who actually has both controllers is saying he cannot see a difference.

yet you still are in denial and praying for paper specs to show a difference? The fact is that somebody with both cannot see a difference outside. He is even using the controller in direct sunlight. That is enough for me but anyway this is amazing news and if that makes you sad then I feel really sorry for you
I have no problem if they are the same, I have a problem with you making it fact before we really know. Go crawl back into your hole and come back out when all the info is released for FACT. Is that not what trolls do? 🤣

If this tiny drone has that feature and the Mavic 3 doesn't I will be pissed off. I have always wanted a camera that can flip 90° on a drone. I think the first Mavic had this. No idea why its not more common.
In which case an Analfi Parrot would have fulfilled your requirement. And provided more and at an earlier date. Not to mention other things

In which case an Analfi Parrot would have fulfilled your requirement. And provided more and at an earlier date. Not to mention other things
i believe he means flip not like your head moving up to the sky but instead flip like putting the side of your head on your shoulders lol.

for me parrot anafi will forever be one of the greatest. Flight plan, gimbal, noise level, video quality. It was insane that they did it at 320 gram in 2018. for me mini 3 pro is the spiritual successor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki