DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A very strange event

simcab

Reactions
Today some of very strange and bad happened.
I was in a narrow street with poor or none gps signal in tripod mode.
I was 1 meter height hovering, looking for the best surface for landing (after flying smoothly).
The M2P suddenly started drifting toward a wall, tripod mode was insufficient to compensate the drift! no fraction of second to switch mode, I tryed landing. The aircraft gently crashed on the angle wall/soil.
Why is this happened?
I suppose gps signal failure, but why the sensors did not stop it?

Today some of very strange and bad happened.
I was in a narrow street with poor or none gps signal in tripod mode.
I was 1 meter height hovering, looking for the best surface for landing (after flying smoothly).
The M2P suddenly started drifting toward a wall, tripod mode was insufficient to compensate the drift! no fraction of second to switch mode, I tryed landing. The aircraft gently crashed on the angle wall/soil.
Why is this happened?
I suppose gps signal failure, but why the sensors did not stop it?

The lateral sensors need good lighting and a textured or patterned surface to react to. From your description of the location, my guess would be insufficient light or a monochrome wall surface, or both.

The lateral sensors need good lighting and a textured or patterned surface to react to. From your description of the location, my guess would be insufficient light or a monochrome wall surface, or both.
Light was pretty good and the collision with the wall was almost frontal.
At the same angle the drone refused to go at 1 meter!

Reactions: Roamer105
I’ve noticed the tendency of lateral drift towards an obstacle while in tripod mode. Really strange and if on guard, easy to overcome but if not, I suppose it will crash sideways. Looks to me like a “software bug” so most likely fixed in some future update.

Reactions: simcab
I had the same bad experience twice.
The first one I overcomed, the second one I was near to landing and the stick range was insufficient to compensate, no time to switch "p" I try landing but a soft impact toward a wall was inevitable! No damage, but WHY?

You do need to be aware of the slow response in tripod mode being a risk if you need to avoid something.
I find it will still hold position in strong wind if it has GPS though.

I’ve noticed the tendency of lateral drift towards an obstacle while in tripod mode. Really strange and if on guard, easy to overcome but if not, I suppose it will crash sideways. Looks to me like a “software bug” so most likely fixed in some future update.

I’ve observed this too. Almost crashed into a tree. I was using tripod mode to avoid any risks!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002