DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2 CofC Exam

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
Morning all
I hope everyone is keeping well & safe during lockdowns, wherever you may be.
I'm in the process of doing an online A2CofC course through Helliguy, getting ready for 1st January.
I don't know whether it's just my age or I may be going senile, but I'm really having trouble retaining a lot of the information. On top of this, I've never been good with exam conditions, & so I'm getting paranoid about sitting the test.
So what I'm wondering is are there any A2CofC "mock" exam questions anywhere so I can get an idea of the level of technicality involved? And if not, can anyone who's already passed it give some guidance to the levels of knowledge required? I've looked online without success so any help would be appreciated

Morning all
I hope everyone is keeping well & safe during lockdowns, wherever you may be.
I'm in the process of doing an online A2CofC course through Helliguy, getting ready for 1st January.
I don't know whether it's just my age or I may be going senile, but I'm really having trouble retaining a lot of the information. On top of this, I've never been good with exam conditions, & so I'm getting paranoid about sitting the test.
So what I'm wondering is are there any A2CofC "mock" exam questions anywhere so I can get an idea of the level of technicality involved? And if not, can anyone who's already passed it give some guidance to the levels of knowledge required? I've looked online without success so any help would be appreciated
i just passed my A2 C of C with UAVHUB and at the end of each module there was a tick box 10 questions to see if you had grasped the info, and then when you had done all the requirements ,there was a 30 question dummy exam ,cant comment on the Helliguy format but dont get stressed by the whole thing just keep calm you will be fine

i just passed my A2 C of C with UAVHUB and at the end of each module there was a tick box 10 questions to see if you had grasped the info, and then when you had done all the requirements ,there was a 30 question dummy exam ,cant comment on the Helliguy format but dont get stressed by the whole thing just keep calm you will be fine
Thanx. We’ll see ??

Reactions: old man mavic
I passed today!! :)

Is this certificate going to allow me to anything more than already can now with my MA2
Yes it will. Without the A2CofC, after 31/12/20, your MA2 can only fly within the A3 subcategory, basically with no uninvolved people in the area of flight, & no flight within 150M horizontal of any residential, commercial, industrial, or recreational area. This will severely reduce where you can legally fly your MA2. If you complete the A2CofC, your MA2 will fall in the A2 transitional category until 31/12/22, meaning you can fly no closer than 50 Meters horizontal of uninvolved people. The building restrictions disappear which is good news (although you will still need to consider if any uninvolved people are inside the building or vehicle you're flying close to). I've also read that the MA2 may be "back classified" by DJI so that it can be used after 31/12/22. If this is the case, & they classify it within the C2 Class, if you have the A2CofC certification, you'll be able to fly within 30 Meters of uninvolved people, & as near as 5 Meters when in low speed mode. 1607121850953.png

Hi. any news about back classified mavic pro 2 etc?
it was a quite waisting the money to buy one only for 8 month. i am during my A2 course. but jus asking.
I've heard nothing positive to date. In fact, a YouTube page I follow said he thought it was almost certain that DJI WON'T back classify the legacy drones, so I guess we'll just have to wait & see

Reactions: Playzone7777
i have got exam on wednesay morning. i am just wondering how many quastions is on the exam and any advice about the quastions?
also i did fly my drone in total for over 20h. how they will look into it as a practice.

i have got exam on wednesay morning. i am just wondering how many quastions is on the exam and any advice about the quastions?
also i did fly my drone in total for over 20h. how they will look into it as a practice.
There were 30 multiple choice questions. As long as you’ve done the training, you’ll be fine. Lots of them are common sense anyway. I’ve heard different training companies wanting different levels of flight time records. Even if your company want more than you’ve got, it won’t stop you passing the exam. It’ll just delay them issuing your actual certificate until you’ve logged enough hours. Tbh, I can’t remember how many hours logs I sent

There were 30 multiple choice questions. As long as you’ve done the training, you’ll be fine. Lots of them are common sense anyway. I’ve heard different training companies wanting different levels of flight time records. Even if your company want more than you’ve got, it won’t stop you passing the exam. It’ll just delay them issuing your actual certificate until you’ve logged enough hours. Tbh, I can’t remember how many hours logs I sent
Thank you :)

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
1 bit of advice do lots of mocks only takes a few mins per exam you can do as many as you want i just kept doing them until i averaged %100, when i got 5 mocks on the trot at %100 i took the exam and got %100. all 30 questions i had seen numerous times in the mocks, the exam took me 7 mins even though they give you 75 mins good luck.

Yes it will. Without the A2CofC, after 31/12/20, your MA2 can only fly within the A3 subcategory, basically with no uninvolved people in the area of flight, & no flight within 150M horizontal of any residential, commercial, industrial, or recreational area. This will severely reduce where you can legally fly your MA2. If you complete the A2CofC, your MA2 will fall in the A2 transitional category until 31/12/22, meaning you can fly no closer than 50 Meters horizontal of uninvolved people. The building restrictions disappear which is good news (although you will still need to consider if any uninvolved people are inside the building or vehicle you're flying close to). I've also read that the MA2 may be "back classified" by DJI so that it can be used after 31/12/22. If this is the case, & they classify it within the C2 Class, if you have the A2CofC certification, you'll be able to fly within 30 Meters of uninvolved people, & as near as 5 Meters when in low speed mode.

Yes it will. Without the A2CofC, after 31/12/20, your MA2 can only fly within the A3 subcategory, basically with no uninvolved people in the area of flight, & no flight within 150M horizontal of any residential, commercial, industrial, or recreational area. This will severely reduce where you can legally fly your MA2. If you complete the A2CofC, your MA2 will fall in the A2 transitional category until 31/12/22, meaning you can fly no closer than 50 Meters horizontal of uninvolved people. The building restrictions disappear which is good news (although you will still need to consider if any uninvolved people are inside the building or vehicle you're flying close to). I've also read that the MA2 may be "back classified" by DJI so that it can be used after 31/12/22. If this is the case, & they classify it within the C2 Class, if you have the A2CofC certification, you'll be able to fly within 30 Meters of uninvolved people, & as near as 5 Meters when in low speed mode. View attachment 118506
I am thinking of buy the Mavic Air 2. Should I not bother? I don't understand what will happen after 31/12/22, will the Mavic Air 2 simply not work? Thanks

I am thinking of buy the Mavic Air 2. Should I not bother? I don't understand what will happen after 31/12/22, will the Mavic Air 2 simply not work? Thanks
As I understand it, unless DJI back classify the MA2 (unlikely in my opinion), it will still work, but fall into the A3 sub category, meaning no uninvolved people in the area of your flight, and no flight within 150M horizontal of any residential, commercial, industrial, or recreational areas (and remember, recreational areas include beaches, parks etc), so will pretty much limit the MA2 to flying in the middle of nowhere. I have a MA2 & love it, but I've also recently bought a Mini 2 following the rule changes at the beginning of this year

As I understand it, unless DJI back classify the MA2 (unlikely in my opinion), it will still work, but fall into the A3 sub category, meaning no uninvolved people in the area of your flight, and no flight within 150M horizontal of any residential, commercial, industrial, or recreational areas (and remember, recreational areas include beaches, parks etc), so will pretty much limit the MA2 to flying in the middle of nowhere. I have a MA2 & love it, but I've also recently bought a Mini 2 following the rule changes at the beginning of this year
Thanks for the prompt reply. Does the A3 cat apply even if you have the AT COFC qualification? With all this in mind might make sense to go for the Mini 2?

Thanks for the prompt reply. Does the A3 cat apply even if you have the AT COFC qualification? With all this in mind might make sense to go for the Mini 2?
Unfortunately, I think it will. I‘ve passed A2CofC as well, but as I understand it, the A2 Transitional sub category will disappear on 31/12/22 and any drones currently in that Category (which includes the MA2) will switch to the A3. A Drone will need to have a classification mark from the manufacturer to show it meets required safety requirements and at the current time, there are no drones manufactured with the required classification, so any above 250g will change to A3 category. As I said in earlier posts, I’ve seen some rumours that DJI may back classify some models, but I’ve seen other comments saying they definitely won’t. My personal feeling is they won’t. Why would they if they think flyers will buy new more up to date drones to get a classification Mark?

Unfortunately, I think it will. I‘ve passed A2CofC as well, but as I understand it, the A2 Transitional sub category will disappear on 31/12/22 and any drones currently in that Category (which includes the MA2) will switch to the A3. A Drone will need to have a classification mark from the manufacturer to show it meets required safety requirements and at the current time, there are no drones manufactured with the required classification, so any above 250g will change to A3 category. As I said in earlier posts, I’ve seen some rumours that DJI may back classify some models, but I’ve seen other comments saying they definitely won’t. My personal feeling is they won’t. Why would they if they think flyers will buy new more up to date drones to get a classification Mark?
Thanks very helpful. I wanted the MA2 just for the follow me feature and was going to do the A2CofC but I don't want to spend all that money for 2years! Unless I have missed something!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy