DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

A2 CofC Exam

Thanks very helpful. I wanted the MA2 just for the follow me feature and was going to do the A2CofC but I don't want to spend all that money for 2years! Unless I have missed something!
or join a club that lets you fly under article 16 ,within 30 metres of people then and parks and recreational areas ,(although this or any other rule could change by then)
8.1 Model Aircraft with an MTOM between 250g and 7.5Kg
Our Authorisation stipulates that model aircraft (other than free flight aircraft) between 250g and 7.5Kg cannot be operated:

• Within 30m of any uninvolved person. (Uninvolved Persons are those who are not participating in the UAS operation or who are not aware of the instructions and safety precautions given by the UAS operator). This distance may be reduced to 15m for take-off and landing subject to adequate local mitigations to protect uninvolved persons and the completion of a risk assessment.
  • Within a horizontal distance of 30m of assemblies of people. (Assemblies of people are gatherings where persons are unable to move away due to the density of the people present).

or join a club that lets you fly under article 16 ,within 30 metres of people then and parks and recreational areas ,(although this or any other rule could change by then)
8.1 Model Aircraft with an MTOM between 250g and 7.5Kg
Our Authorisation stipulates that model aircraft (other than free flight aircraft) between 250g and 7.5Kg cannot be operated:

• Within 30m of any uninvolved person. (Uninvolved Persons are those who are not participating in the UAS operation or who are not aware of the instructions and safety precautions given by the UAS operator). This distance may be reduced to 15m for take-off and landing subject to adequate local mitigations to protect uninvolved persons and the completion of a risk assessment.
  • Within a horizontal distance of 30m of assemblies of people. (Assemblies of people are gatherings where persons are unable to move away due to the density of the people present).
Thanks and yes that is an option. The only problem with Article 16 is that you can not use any automatic flying like follow me - that's not allowed under Article 16. So I may as well just get the Mini 2

Thanks and yes that is an option. The only problem with Article 16 is that you can not use any automatic flying like follow me - that's not allowed under Article 16. So I may as well just get the Mini 2
as long as you dont need to fly in any wind lol.......my bro has one its like a butterfly in wind compared to the MA2

Thanks very helpful. I wanted the MA2 just for the follow me feature and was going to do the A2CofC but I don't want to spend all that money for 2years! Unless I have missed something!
I do wonder whether Mini 2 will get a firmware upgrade in future to add Follow Me and Active Track. Although it does neither at the moment, it DOES do quickshots such as Circle, Eclipse and Dronie, where the drone circles or rises from an object automatically, chosen by the pilot, so it must track that item, so I don’t see it would be much difference adding Active Track / Follow Me

I do wonder whether Mini 2 will get a firmware upgrade in future to add Follow Me and Active Track. Although it does neither at the moment, it DOES do quickshots such as Circle, Eclipse and Dronie, where the drone circles or rises from an object automatically, chosen by the pilot, so it must track that item, so I don’t see it would be much difference adding Active Track / Follow Me
I think maybe they will have it on the Mini 3.

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark