DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Able to Fly in/around Miramar Beach FL?

CadrePilot

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I'm checking B4UFLY and it looks like VPS now has a permanent flight restriction. Am I reading that right?

Is it possible to fly here.

I found this about Drone flying there:
The western part of Destin is within 5 linear miles of Elgin airforce base, and within a mile of the Destin airport. In both instances according to the FAA prior notification must be made to them before you fly irrespective of any local ordinances. Many consider drones a nuisance and an invasion of privacy so you'll want to make sure you are in legal compliance in the event you are called out. Personally I wouldn't fly one down there, but if you tempt fate launch in unpopulated part of the beach and keep it over the water.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Probably just like here in L.A. Flying a Drone on the beach is a no go in MOST cases especially without permission Due to Public Safety.

I found this about Drone flying there:
The western part of Destin is within 5 linear miles of Elgin airforce base, and within a mile of the Destin airport. In both instances according to the FAA prior notification must be made to them before you fly irrespective of any local ordinances. Many consider drones a nuisance and an invasion of privacy so you'll want to make sure you are in legal compliance in the event you are called out. Personally I wouldn't fly one down there, but if you tempt fate launch in unpopulated part of the beach and keep it over the water.
Several years go I was visiting and staying with a friend in Destin. I tried to take off in many places but the drone was bricked due to the many military installations there. Simply would not leave the ground or even turn the props.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
I often fly Panama City Beach without problem. The panhandle has several military installations with a 5mi no fly zones but beyond most beaches allow flying to 200'. Most FL beaches have the same restrictions because of tourist and banner plane flights offshore. Suggest you move further down the beach and try again, app will let you know when it's safe. Be sure to not fly into a no fly zone from outside or it may go into forced landing. If lucky it will just stop midair. Good luck, have fun.

Reactions: CadrePilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife