DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Abrupt signal loss

yo_eddie

Reactions
Recently I experienced an abrupt loss of the connection between controller and Mini 2 drone. The signal went straight from 100% signal strength down to zero. This happened two times during one flight, one time the drone was only 20 meters in front of me.
Flightlog

Any ideas how this could happen? There was a ferry line a kilometres away, but ship radars should use very different frequencies.

@yo_eddie ,did you at any point fly behind the ferry

was it actually the control signal you lost or just the visual return signal from the drone to the RC could you still control the drone when this happened a complete signal loss between the RC and the drone would normally instigate a RTH

Reactions: EyesWideShut
was it actually the control signal you lost or just the visual return signal from the drone to the RC could you still control the drone when this happened a complete signal loss between the RC and the drone would normally instigate a RTH
The screen showed the dreaded black & white picture and the drone initiated RTH both times. When the connection was established again, I canceled RTH and landed manually.
When I check the log at Airdata, the signal for up- and downlink drops from 100 to 0 and then back to 100 both times (see notifications at Minute 01:19 and 06:11).
Also the log states weak GPS signal at the same time.

@yo_eddie ,its possible that you have a faulty ,drone and or RC ,contact DJI support ,and if you have care refresh ,go for a replacement ,the symptoms you have are not normal

Reactions: yo_eddie

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming