DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Act in Haste....." Hi from Wales UK

Silverbear42

Reactions
New to the Mavic Scene tbh. A current Mini 2 owner. Wanted to take things up a notch and perhaps do some mapping work. (you know where this is going, guys! ) Found a great deal for a Mavic 3 Fly More combo very late last night and pressed go>>

Today, after much reading and video watching, the "chilling" realisation has dawned that without an SDK for the M3, I have just spent a lot of money on a very nice camera drone, with a few operational issues still needing sorting out by DJI. And at the same time a long way off from being able to be used for any mapping work if ever basically !!!

Hold the keyboards !!!!!....... Totally my own fault. not looking for sympathy!

It's also clear DJI, like just about every technology company out there is also famed for launching products not fully tested and then catching up with firmware over a few years. Well used to this in my business as well.

So with that fair summary of where I am in this today, it's a pleasure to join you all. From what I have read so far, I look forward to learning lots from you all, having a few laughs and hopefully contributing as well. (even if that turns out to be at my own expense !!)

Last edited:
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! I agree with Phantomrain.org, a Software Development Kit isn't far off. DJI knows every line of drone they produce is used for mapping and 3rd party enhancements. They released the Mini 3 today (simply) to appease a certain segment and to buy time to work on the Mavic 3 . . . be patient. Updates are coming.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

New to the Mavic Scene tbh. A current Mini 2 owner. Wanted to take things up a notch and perhaps do some mapping work. (you know where this is going, guys! ) Found a great deal for a Mavic 3 Fly More combo very late last night and pressed go>>

Today, after much reading and video watching, the "chilling" realisation has dawned that without an SDK for the M3, I have just spent a lot of money on a very nice camera drone, with a few operational issues still needing sorting out by DJI. And at the same time a long way off from being able to be used for any mapping work if ever basically !!!

It's also clear DJI, like just about every technology company out there is also famed for launching products not fully tested and then catching up with firmware over a few years. Well used to this in my business as well.

So with that fair summary of where I am in this today, it's a pleasure to join you all. From what I have read so far, I look forward to learning lots from you all, having a few laughs and hopefully contributing as well. (even if that turns out to be at my own expense !!)
Hi and Welcome to the forum from Len in sunny Pontypridd, hope you enjoy

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies, I perhaps shouldn't be surprised that there are a few of us "taffs" on here (we seem to get everywhere!!!).

We're so very very fortunate, we've got such a "Veritable Smorgasbord" of stunning Mountains, Countryside and Coast in a small country with an area of only 2 million hectares (5123730.1 Acres) and a coastline of 1680 miles ( 2700 Km). I look forward to having some banter Gentlemen ( and ladies of course ).

Attachments

• IMG_0154.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0237.JPG
    9.2 MB · Views: 1
  • 20150928_191911_001.jpg
    20150928_191911_001.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
  • IMAG1896.jpg
    IMAG1896.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 2

Hi! Also from wales! Maybe see you around 😁

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998