DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track 3.0 tree test

Ian in London

Reactions
I've never been a fan of Active Track as never really trusted it to steer clear of trees and twigs. But playing around yesterday I thought I'd actually do my best to make it hit trees and track me under trees and fair play, it did a pretty good job I thought.

Jump to 5:00 to skip the first flight and video review part:

Cheers,
Ian

Terrific first flight impression lan, enjoyed the video especially the flight around the beautiful terrain.

Looks like you live in an area rich with history, dating back centuries.

Thanks for sharing
Paul

Reactions: Ian in London
Terrific first flight impression lan, enjoyed the video especially the flight around the beautiful terrain.

Looks like you live in an area rich with history, dating back centuries.

Thanks for sharing
Paul
Thanks Paul
Yes, the local church is around 1,000 years old and my own house is 400 years old..... :)

Cheers
Ian

• Wow
Reactions: geneg
Enjoyed watching this. Awesome demo of the tracking. Did you experience any issues with the MA2 not having side sensors?

Thank you for sharing. Always nice to see you where you live and your commentary is always spot on.

Reactions: Ian in London
without side sensor, doing the parallel active track will be a terrible idea, mine got crash using this function as the tree is just right next to my drone.

Agreed
without side sensor, doing the parallel active track will be a terrible idea, mine got crash using this function as the tree is just right next to my drone.
Agreed. Parallel track without a wide open area is asking for disaster. That said, front and rear tracking has been working great for me even on the Appalacian trail where there are loads of trees/branches.

Enjoyed watching this. Awesome demo of the tracking. Did you experience any issues with the MA2 not having side sensors?
I actually found the side sensing very good, despite there being no actual side sensors. The forward and rear obviously have a fairly wide angle of view and give a significant degree of sideways protection. 6:50 on the video shows some good sideways protection.

Ian

I had the same thing happen when testing. Stupid on my part. Thankfully it was only about 3 feet up and there was no damage. Super sturdy AC I figured something was going to be jacked up. Landed on it's side or the gimbal could have taken a hit. I did replace the props just because 2 were slightly scratched. Won't be letting that happen again.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Myofb89