DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Active Track

Hardwick1973

Reactions
i am keen to use active track to follow a moving target along a path. On the left side of the track are trees and on right side open fields.

I want to fly below the tree line and only to the right of the track (so I don’t hit the trees) without any circling.

Any ideas?

Use active track with the "profile" mode:

Reactions: Crocket1158
That should be doable as long as the target does not blend in with the trees. Keep the remote controller handy in case something doesn't go as planned and you need to quickly exit ActiveTrack mode. Flipping the Sport mode switch will cancel ActiveTrack.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Or the pause button as well [emoji6]

I've seen videos of using Active Track to follow say a snowboarder down a trail (a corridor of trees). When the boarder goes around a turn, the mavic follows much the way the rear wheels of a tractor trailer do: (It takes a "short cut"), resulting in crashing into the trees aside the trail.

If one had Left/Right control, one could make it act like an articulated fire engine ladder truck (swing wide, following the actual track of the subject).

So, the question is: while IN Active Track, will the Mavic respond to manual input to the controls? I.e. Altitude, Yaw, or Fwd/Back and Left/Right?

while IN Active Track, will the Mavic respond to manual input to the controls? I.e. Altitude, Yaw, or Fwd/Back and Left/Right?
The manual input controls will respond differently based on the ActiveTrack mode you're using. Here's a good overview:

Reactions: LaaLaa
The manual input controls will respond differently based on the ActiveTrack mode you're using. Here's a good overview:

Thank you, Sir. I've searched so many youtube videos, I often forget that DJI itself has tutorials on just about everything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78