DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Add a touch of color on the battery engraving...

suade8880

Reactions
Yes, I was bored and thought that the battery engraving looked a little plain so I added a touch of color to it. I went with white to match the controller but I suppose you can do any color since it is so darn simple...76A5FAEC-E227-41BA-80AA-69A9B13FC48E.jpeg7DB9AE81-2377-4E1D-8728-4C4C488DFC65.jpeg

Last edited:
hehe..I did the same thing only red..white...blue

can i ask what kinda marking pen you used? thanks

Reactions: suade8880
hehe..I did the same thing only red..white...blue

can i ask what kinda marking pen you used? thanks

I just found an old small bottle of testors paint for crafts and models and just filled the paint in with a small brush and lightly rub the excess paint off with cooking oil to make a perfect look. Yes, cooking oil works best without hurting the plastic. :)

Very good idea to make each of the battery red, white, and blue so you'll have an indication of which battery is which. Thanks.

Reactions: DanaMc and hayc59
Yes, I was bored and though that the battery engraving looked a little plain so I added a touch of color to it. I went with white to match the controller but I suppose you can do any color since it is so darn simple...View attachment 104099View attachment 104100
You did a really good job on those. Had I done this, it would've looked like attempting to apply nail polish on a raging bull.

You did a really good job on those. Had I done this, it would've looked like attempting to apply nail polish on a raging bull.

Lol. Oh yes, it would be tough on a raging bull. I do sense you are more capable than that I’m sure ?.

ok dude suade, just went and got testers in red white and blue
if i apply it do i let it dry real good and then us the oil for clean up around the edges?

ok dude suade, just went and got testers in red white and blue
if i apply it do i let it dry real good and then us the oil for clean up around the edges?

Oil is more effective on paint when it’s not fully dried. I just filled the engravings the best I can without making such a mess and let it sit for about 45 mins to 1hr.

Then put a drop of oil on a hard paper napkin and then lightly go over the area like you’re sanding it with gentle, balance, even strokes. Don’t put to much pressure otherwise you’ll start taking off the actual paint.

You’ll start seeing the oil do its magic after 10-20 sec and the whole process probably takes 3-5 mins. Make sure you wipe off the oil once you’re done. I just use rubbing alcohol. Good luck. Please post after you’re done, I would love to see how the blue and red comes out.?

You’ll start seeing the oil do its magic after 10-20 sec and the whole process probably takes 3-5 mins. Make sure you wipe off the oil once you’re done. I just use rubbing alcohol. Good luck. Please post after you’re done, I would love to see how the blue and red comes out.
Wow! you can learn everything here..really cool..thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear