DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adding a light to the Mini

For a small aircraft like the mini (or in my case one of mine is a Spark), I prefer the smaller FHT (Firehouse Technology) Dual strobe.

Mainly due to limited space to fit, but also saves a heap of weight and is far more streamlined.
With a mini, Spark, Air etc, you are usually flying reasonably close, and don’t really need the bigger, brighter strobes.

If you want it for VLOS, get 2 white on each side.
I have 2 Dual on my Spark, one red on the left under front arm, and a green on the right under arm, simple, secure velcro tabs.

I’m away interstate now with the Spark, and the drone in the car locked up downstairs.
Tomorrow I’ll take a photo and short video how I set mine up.
I’ll post it up tomorrow.

These are all good choices and very bright. I take it the weight of the LED is unnoticeable?

The FHT Dual weight 4g only each.
Tiny lipos, recharge good for 2hrs, so quite a few batteries.

I do only use them as necessary for some flights where they will help find my drone it the sky, maybe 50% of flights.

Simple usb recharge when charging other drone gear ready to go fly, or from any car / battery bank type outlet.

Is the Lume Cube the best, and is it effective in daylight?
I prefer the Firehouse Technology 600 lumin led's mounted with velcro.. I also have strobon that I now rarely use on my Mavic pro. Maybe one on top for reg purposes. You can order direct from FHT. Or email them for how to order.

I prefer the Firehouse Technology 600 lumin led's mounted with velcro.. I also have strobon that I now rarely use on my Mavic pro. Maybe one on top for reg purposes. You can order direct from FHT. Or email them for how to order.

If in the US order direct from FHT website.
If outside the US order via their eBay store, they do usually ship anywhere.
8am here, late this arvo I will be free to fire up the Spark with duals fitted and do some pics and video.
Will post again here with those in about 8hrs.

If in the US order direct from FHT website.
If outside the US order via their eBay store, they do usually ship anywhere.
8am here, late this arvo I will be free to fire up the Spark with duals fitted and do some pics and video.
Will post again here with those in about 8hrs.
My experience was FHT direct was cheaper. They take Paypal.

I think I'd like bright white light LED. I'd like to see it coming and going.

Thanks Mavic_south_OZ for the demos and pictures! The FHT seem to be the brightest and lightest. Some of the ones mentioned I don't see on the website.

I have looked at all possible options, reviews for a strobe light and personally came to the conclusion that the DJI Mavic Mini Strobe Light Kit with Strobe Light from Firehouse Technology is the best choice for me, without wanting to shorten another option.
I bought this strobe with mount from Etsy DJI Mavic Mini Strobe Light Kit met Strobe Light meegeleverd door Firehouse Technology because I don't think this set is on sale in Europe, or the shipping costs will rise more than twice the price of the strobe.

I think I'd like bright white light LED. I'd like to see it coming and going.

Thanks Mavic_south_OZ for the demos and pictures! The FHT seem to be the brightest and lightest. Some of the ones mentioned I don't see on the website.

For simple VLOS get white, they are brightest followed by red then green.
I just bought a nav pack of duals first (2 white, 1 each red and green), so perfect for the smaller Spark (that is smaller than my M1P).

Funny enough , the Spark is actually smaller than the mini in size when the mini is unfolded ready to fly.

I can see the strobes placed on the sides of the drone from the direct front and rear too, though obviously not as bright as side on view.

If you can put one underneath without interfering with landing, then maybe a single ARC II strobe is better for you.
They are 6g have 4 leds, but bigger lipo (6hrs run time on strobe mode) and only a little less than double the Dual size.
I have the ARC II for my M1P.

You really have to dig for the dual, the FHT site is not easy to find some things.

Check this google search, there are hits for eBay, Amazon, and the FHT site.

As mentioned, if you’re US based they will ship to you from their site, otherwise go to their eBay store.

I have looked at all possible options, reviews for a strobe light and personally came to the conclusion that the DJI Mavic Mini Strobe Light Kit with Strobe Light from Firehouse Technology is the best choice for me, without wanting to shorten another option.
I bought this strobe with mount from Etsy DJI Mavic Mini Strobe Light Kit met Strobe Light meegeleverd door Firehouse Technology because I don't think this set is on sale in Europe, or the shipping costs will rise more than twice the price of the strobe.

That’s an ARC II and not a bad option.
How does that go with normal landing ?
Not in the way ?

I like this one and it has a mount! Also I'm in USA California.

Reactions: Jack0202
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman