DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) adding saturation & contrast I do not want

David Jones

Reactions
Question: Only talking about still photos here. I have the Hasselblad camera set to take very flat images. But when I open the images in Adobe CC 2018 “Adobe camera raw” (ACR) they have high contrast & Saturation. Anyone know why this is happening?

Do you have ACR set to apply some sort of processing during import? Are you seeing the sliders actually moved away from neutral or are the pictures just more contrasty and saturated than what you expect based on your settings? Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but those settings only affect the JPEG and still might add more contrast and saturation than you are expecting. The RAW files should be nice and “flat.” It’s also possible that ACR is applying a profile that automatically changes the baseline contrast and saturation. Lightroom can do this. I’m not sure if ACR does.

Do you have ACR set to apply some sort of processing during import? Are you seeing the sliders actually moved away from neutral or are the pictures just more contrasty and saturated than what you expect based on your settings? Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but those settings only affect the JPEG and still might add more contrast and saturation than you are expecting. The RAW files should be nice and “flat.” It’s also possible that ACR is applying a profile that automatically changes the baseline contrast and saturation. Lightroom can do this. I’m not sure if ACR does.
Thanks for the advice, I will check into the ACR settings

When you load a RAW image into ACR it applies the Adobe default profile, which is usually pretty awful.

You can make a custom profile that has nothing added to it if you want, and then when you import all your images just apply that new profile globally.

Even better you can buy something like the Colorchecker Passport, make yourself a few profiles (i.e. Sunlight, Shade, Overcast, etc.) and get technically perfect color/contrast in a few clicks - afterwards adjust to taste if desired. This is my favorite approach (and the biggest time saver I have found when processing thousands of images) but everyone is different.

When you load a RAW image into ACR it applies the Adobe default profile, which is usually pretty awful.

You can make a custom profile that has nothing added to it if you want, and then when you import all your images just apply that new profile globally.

Even better you can buy something like the Colorchecker Passport, make yourself a few profiles (i.e. Sunlight, Shade, Overcast, etc.) and get technically perfect color/contrast in a few clicks - afterwards adjust to taste if desired. This is my favorite approach (and the biggest time saver I have found when processing thousands of images) but everyone is different.
Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: CanadaDrone
Whatever you set on the aircraft does not apply to RAW. RAW is processed how the software you open it with.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet