DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advance charging hub?

So I know the charging is more efficient by balancing the last stage of the near completed charged battery while starting the first stage of the second battery at the same time.

So has anyone confirmed if the P4 power supply is doing the step down, or is the advanced charging block changing the power distribution and stepping down the voltage to 13.83 while maintaining a total power of 100W?

I feel like the advanced block should have been included with the fly more kit, I'm guessing if I check mine came with the standard one.
As for battery life, yes charging faster does decrease the life faster but then I would at least get my money's worth from the DJI Refresh for battery replacements if I never crash in the first year since I believe it covers batteries.
Scott

We do not have information as to whether the P4 charger is doing a step down.

The Standard Charging Hub ships with all Fly More Combos and most likely always will. Since original release that has how its been and I don't see them changing the hub in a combo package due to a new release.

Ok, hard numbers, please...

Charging 4 batteries from fully depleted to fully charged, what is the time gain with this "Advanced" unit?

Thank you.

MK

I'll stick with the 50W charger, though. Charging batteries as fast as they "can be charged" leads to wear over time.

Yeah, for your regular AA batteries maybe. But our Mavic's batteries are better than that. After all, we discharge them in 15-30 minutes every single time...

I've seen there is also a 160w phantom 4 charger. Could the charging be even faster ?
Wel, to use the faster Phantom 4 charger you need the new 4 way block. So the block may restrict the suspend and flow of charge to the batteries. Ignthe block has a max charging rate slower then this more powerful Phantom 4 charger then it probably won't make a difference. The 4 way probably restricts and controls the charge speed to the mavic cells.

Being a mavic pro user, only that drone, i don't see the need to buy the advance version, cause i don't have phantom charger, or you say is better to buy the advance version?? I think i would be great just with the classic one!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest