DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advantages of buying the iPad Mini 4 directly from Apple

daisy-girl

Reactions
My hubby and I each have a MP. Because we both like Follow Me, we want both to have GPS-enabled devices, which means WiFi+Cellular.

For my standard MP, I used AT&T's NEXT program to buy the iPad Mini 4 at $26.50/month x 20 months, plus tax, plus $10/month for access to data.

Advantages of buying directly from Apple:

1) Hubby discovered that, if he buys his WiFi + Cellular iPad Mini 4 directly from Apple for the same price of $520 plus tax, it comes with an Apple SIM. According to Apple, this SIM can be used in 180 different countries to purchase data from in-country vendors, without a subscription plan and without changing the SIM. Buy only as much data as you need! For him, this is a big deal, as he travels a lot.

2) For $99, AppleCare will cover his new tablet for two years not only for the usual warranty of the hardware and software but also for accidents, spills, in addition to unlimited tech support. Compared to Square Trade, a good deal.

3) Certainty that you are getting a NEW device -- also a big deal.

4) No questions asked -- and no restocking fee -- if returned for credit within 14 days -- another big deal.

5) Financing is available, if desired.

I bought my 8GB iPad Mini 4 (WIFI only) new on Ebay for $240.

When I use Follow Me, (which is not that often), I use my phone instead of a tablet anyway, so I don't need the cell connection on a tablet.

A tablet is too big to hold when you're biking, skiing, kayaking, jogging, (or being followed) etc, in my opinion.

My wife won't let me ride the bike while wearing the DJI goggles... I don't know why. Meanie.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue