DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice for ipad air 2 mount for mavic 2 pro controller

sergio76

Reactions
Hello,
I sold a phantom 3 professional for buy (I hope soon) a mavic 2 pro. For p3p I had bought an ipad air 2 that I was thinking to resell it, but I thought about it again after see a youtube video where talk about dji go problems on android version (I've also a Samsung Galaxy Note 8). I've see that for use ipad air 2 with mavic 2 pro controller I need a mount adapter, I've see a lot of them on web but almost of them puts the tablet on front that cover completely the controller. But I've see a mount adapter from dirtyjdesigns that apparently put the tablet at the top the controller leaving in sight the display and the sticks. Anyone use/have this mount or can give me some advice for a similar mount adapter? Thank you. Sergio

Attachments

• il_fullxfull.1073981336_k881_480x480.jpg
    il_fullxfull.1073981336_k881_480x480.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 33
In my opinion even when my 9.7 iPad is over the controller the whole set up seems top heavy. I use a lanyard with a mav mount and don't feel a need to see the controller?

I also have a tripod and sometimes (rarely) mount the tablet to the tripod and use the factory lightening cable so I can lighten the load in my hands and the controller. It allows me a little more movement and I can still look at the tablet when I need additional info.

Mav mount is rock solid!

I fly my M2P and MPP with either a LifthorSif XXL or a MavMount. I use the LifThor Sif when I am flying without my range extender (Titan Switch) and the MavMount for all other flying. I use a iPad Pro 10.5 . I want visibility to my RC & iPad when I fly, these combinations give me complete visibility to all screens at all times.

I fly my M2P and MPP with either a LifthorSif XXL or a MavMount. I use the LifThor Sif when I am flying without my range extender (Titan Switch) and the MavMount for all other flying. I use a iPad Pro 10.5 . I want visibility to my RC & iPad when I fly, these combinations give me complete visibility to all screens at all times.

How is the balance with the LifThor mount? How does it balance when using a lanyard?

I have a mavmount now and have zero problems but am always looking for something "better"

How is the balance with the LifThor mount? How does it balance when using a lanyard?
I have a mavmount now and have zero problems but am always looking for something "better"

It is heavier than an iPhone, android or Crystal Sky but I prefer the larger display
IMHO the weight of a 10.5" display, regardless of manufacturer, front or back mount is going to make it lopsided. I fly at least three batteries in most cases and I have never felt it it was excessively heavy or difficult to control.

I tried 6 or 7 display holders before I settled on these two. Better is in the eye of the beholder, Ford vs Chevy.

It is heavier than an iPhone, android or Crystal Sky but I prefer the larger display
IMHO the weight of a 10.5" display, regardless of manufacturer, front or back mount is going to make it lopsided. I fly at least three batteries in most cases and I have never felt it it was excessively heavy or difficult to control.

I tried 6 or 7 display holders before I settled on these two. Better is in the eye of the beholder, Ford vs Chevy.
I am using a 9.7 ipad myself. I was asking about the balance when using the LifThor mount since you said you also use a mav mount (which is what I use now).

Sorry, thought I was clear. I use both display holders; my preference is the LifThor. Lifthor bends up and above the RC so the weight is not out in front of the RC. When you use a iPad (9.7 or 10.5), there is very little difference in size or weight between the two. When you add a sun shield to the Mavmount it starts to interfere with the visibility of the RC, not so with the LifThor Sif. I use the lanyard therefore the weight is minute. It weighs 300 grams (10.5 ounces) the manufacturing quality is fantastic. and it comes with a bag to disassemble and carry, I don't disassemble it myself but you can.
Lifthor side     .jpg

When I use the Titan Switch, it won't clear the LifThor mount so I use the Mavmount.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones