DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Advice needed: buying a used Air2s

AdamBolonsky

Reactions
Could anyone pass along advice re. buying a used Air 2S?

- Does the used Air 2s need to be deactivated from the previous owner's account? What if if hasn't been?
- Is the aircraft warning system obtrusive? - I operate my drones forty miles away from Logan Airport in Boston but Logan flights regularly transit my area at very high altitudes. Also, where I fly is part of another high-altitude Coast Guard helicopter flight path. Will this cause me constant difficulty with an Air 2S?
- Finally, when I operate my drone in this area, will the Air 2S identifying system also cause me trouble?

FWIW, I have my part 107 and always stayed within regs when operating within this area. But I was using a Phantom or a Mavic Pro - neither of which, obviously, has any of the Air 2S's aircraft warning and identifier capabilities.

Thanks in advance for any and all answers!

It just gives you a warning and the aircraft's position and altitude on your map. That's even if they are broadcasting ADSB. Passenger aircraft usually do, military mostly not unless they are in crowded airspace, private planes are hit and miss. It won't be too much of a bother but you still need to keep your eyes and ears open for low flying helicopters or planes.

Make sure the Air 2s is NOT linked to the previous owner account. In my case, I couldn't even link the remote to the drone using my account. I was only allowed to fly 5 times. You can check the thread i've opened a while back:

I got scammed on Facebook

Make sure the previous owner unbinds the drone first, otherwise you may encounter issues down the line.

Reactions: SethB
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty