DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 African Safari group 11 Lions

Dale D

Reactions
Site
vimeo.com
Because I am finding great reception to these safari images, I would like to continue a selective viewing of some of the better images as I proceed editing the hundreds of images in preparation for my video. On our 2nd day in Kenya we spent some time with a family of lions. As fierce as they are, they also show a gentler side, with a lot of licking and touching, and great protection for their cubs as they are constantly on the lookout for the next meal. Here are a few of my favorites. Click on image to enlarge. Two Lionesses on the hunt.jpgMale lion walking.jpgLioness with trailing cubs.jpgLioness with cub-2.jpgLioness on a termite mound.jpgLion family portrait!.jpgFour lion cubs.jpgCub in grass.jpg

Attachments

• Lioness posing.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • Lioness resting in Grass.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • Lioness Roaring.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 24
Africa is awesome! The terrane we were in looked like brushy California except a Giraffe would raise its head reminding you that "Your not in Kansas anymore" to quote The Wizard of Oz. I wish I'd had a drone assuming where we were in South Africa would allow it.

Here's an agreeable leopard I shot.

Attachments

• _DSC6270.jpg
    _DSC6270.jpg
    409 KB · Views: 14
Africa is awesome! The terrane we were in looked like brushy California except a Giraffe would raise its head reminding you that "Your not in Kansas anymore" to quote The Wizard of Oz. I wish I'd had a drone assuming where we were in South Africa would allow it.

Here's an agreeable leopard I shot.See attached.
Great shot. He really is a big guy!! Well composed. There is nothing more gratifying than finding and capturing these beautiful animals in a tree. I do have a similar shot from a prior trip. click to enlargeLeopard in a tree-MalaMala.jpg

Here's an agreeable leopard I shot.
AWESOME. THANKS DAVE

Love those cats in trees.
Now Dale ...that roaring lioness looks more like a yawning lioness. Could it be 'yawring'? Now that is something you would love to be doing around those tree subjects ....you would really make something of that in post production.
Love your work Dale and thanks for sharing some of your favourite memories of the trip.

Love those cats in trees.
Now Dale ...that roaring lioness looks more like a yawning lioness. Could it be 'yawring'? Now that is something you would love to be doing around those tree subjects ....you would really make something of that in post production.
Love your work Dale and thanks for sharing some of your favourite memories of the trip.
Yes I think it was really yawning but my gosh what a set of teeth!!!
Thanks for the kind words as usual
I am now down to editing the final 4 days of the trip
It’s taking me a month to edit the stills and will probably take another month to generate the video.

Reactions: Mavic Maxwell
Thank's Dale, how are the rest of us going to compete with those beautiful shots!!! LOL!!!
Awesome is correct,wow!

Thank's Dale, how are the rest of us going to compete with those beautiful shots!!! LOL!!!
Awesome is correct,wow!
No, not really. I have a lifetime of experience with photography and almost that amount of time with Photoshop. I am just happy to be able to share with all of you out there and get such nice feedback. Besides, I don't consider this forum a competition but a sharing amongst sisters and brothers with similar tastes, hobby and sensitivities.

Dale

Reactions: Rchawks and AZDave

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS