DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

After 3 years I finally bought my first drone!!

kengh

Reactions
I received a bonus at work and finally pulled the trigger on the Mavic Air 2 after drooling at the Mavic series for years.
Had my first flight today and it was magical. Why on earth did I wait this long? I can’t believe this little guy can do what it does, I’m almost convinced it’s magic!! Happy flying all.

Hi kengh Welcome to Mavic Pilots.
New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Don't forget to read the manual ;)
Download Air 2 manual HERE
You want an SD card that is U3 for 4K
Most of all have FUN

New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Don't expect RTH (Return To Home) to save you especially if you are under trees.
Most of all have FUN
Ohh buddy I just played with fire with RTH today setting it to 300 ft well above the tallest trees/lines. It worked well the first time but good to note not to be overconfident with it. I did notice it returned about 10 yards away from me, which was fine because I picked a launch site clear of obstacles 30 yards in each direction. I flew over our 4 story apartment complex and grabbed a shot of the city skyline beyond. This thing is incredible!

Ohh buddy I just played with fire with RTH today setting it to 300 ft well above the tallest trees/lines. It worked well the first time but good to note not to be overconfident with it. I did notice it returned about 10 yards away from me, which was fine because I picked a launch site clear of obstacles 30 yards in each direction. I flew over our 4 story apartment complex and grabbed a shot of the city skyline beyond. This thing is incredible!
You might want to look into engaging the Precision Landing feature.

New flyer advice,
Wide open space.
Slow & easy
Most of all have FUN
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

Congratulations!
And one more thing...

Be conservative as to how far you push your battery. It may be fun to see how far away your drone will fly, but not so much fun if you have to search for it when it decided it needed to land somewhere on it's own because it ran out of gas.

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response. Flytpath on YouTube has a good video series from unboxing to your first flight, check them out. Fly safe and stay safe!

Hello from the Crossroads of America kengh.

I flew over our 4 story apartment complex and grabbed a shot of the city skyline beyond.

What city may that be? ?

Share the photo if you wish.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I have been flying budget grade drones since last summer and as I gained experience, they didn't quite do what I wanted them to do. The MA2 ticked all of the boxes for me but I didn't feel ready for that kind of investment. I finally got mine last week with a Smart Controller and I had a similar experience to @kengh, it felt magical to fly. Such precision and so smooth! Now I just need to find some interesting places to fly :).

Enjoy your MA2!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov