DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aggression...

i believe the technical term is internet trolls. they are scattered all over the internet.
no need to be offended they are harmless.

We're all just waiting for, you know who, to come and close this thread.
You know who has a name and for the moment this is taking a break
and being moved to OT . I will let @LuvMyTJ decide what to do with this .
tep closed.jpg

Reactions: CoolBreeze
It is unfortunate that the trolls continue to try to feed here but it is the same on all popular internet sites. We have a set of guidelines we govern by - Community Rules If you see an issue please use the report button so the staff can deal with it appropriately. There is also the ignore option. To use it, go the the offender' profile and you will find the "ignore" button. click it and you will never see another post from them. Over all the forum is full of knowledgeable and helpful members. It is a small minority that push the envelope or harras others. Again, please report these members.
Thank you.

PS - the thread will remain open as long as the post remain constructive.

It is unfortunate that the trolls continue to try to feed here but it is the same on all popular internet sites. We have a set of guidelines we govern by - Community Rules If you see an issue please use the report button so the staff can deal with it appropriately. There is also the ignore option. To use it, go the the offender' profile and you will find the "ignore" button. click it and you will never see another post from them. Over all the forum is full of knowledgeable and helpful members. It is a small minority that push the envelope or harras others. Again, please report these members.
Thank you.

PS - the thread will remain open as long as the post remain constructive.

Hi,

Thank you for reopening this thread. I am only trying to be constructive - I love flying my Mavic and I get a lot from this forum. The majority of people on here are really helpful and a great advert for the site. The idea of the thread is to encourage that positive discussion. To characterise me as a troll is disappointing - my intentions could not be further from trolling.

The trend for harsh language and personal put downs in response to posts is a growing trend online - to challenge that should not be viewed as negative. Nothing I have written is a personal attack, unless someone reading it has a) been aggressive to others on the forum and b) they live with their mum in a trailer.

Forums like this should feel like a club for people interested in the same thing. Imagine if this was a club where we all met in person and then there was a minority of folk who where bullish and aggressive, particularly to those less experienced. That is what I am challenging here. Anyone who reads the forum regularly will have seen the sorts of posts I am talking about and, surely, will have thought them a bit harsh.

My advice to those people who you say tire of answering the same questions is, don't answer them. Just ignore it and move on. I'm sure somebody with more patience and less of a self-righteous outlook to others that you refer to, will be happy to assist. We can all read the instructions and still miss certain elements. Most of us are happy to help others.

Perfect - if we all did this, the forum would feel much warmer and more welcoming to those new to the Mavic. Good post.

Like calling people fat, smelly, and living in their "mums" trailer? Great first post!

Yes - what's wrong with having a go at the mindset that belittles others for asking 'stupid' questions or making mistakes with their drones?

Second post, BTW... the first was after someone got accused of condoning rape!

If you don't like it here you're free to go back under your bridge. To everyone else, please dont feed the trolls.

-Joe

This is a really diappointing response, Joe. Read my posts - do you really think I am trolling? Or does it read more like someone exasperated with the aggression across internet forums and hoping that somewhere dedicated to the Mavic would be a little different. This thread should not be about picking apart what Ive said or outing me as some sort of internet troll. It should be about making the most of the good guys on here - it's a shame that so many of the responses have been aimed at me, rather than pointing out all the good on here.

Yes - what's wrong with having a go at the mindset that belittles others for asking 'stupid' questions or making mistakes with their drones?
That you're just justifying their actions by doing exactly the same.
You're contradicting yourself. You're complaining that people belittle others, then go on and belittle them. You're exactly the same. Now you've attacked them there's no reason for them to change a thing, you'll actually be encouraging this behavior.

So yes for me you're a troll becasue all you do here is stirring the pot, and should have been banned straight after this thread's first post.

Most of the harsh responsies are actually for the good of the noob guy. Make them aware of the possibilities they have, teach them to fish instead of giving them a fish once kind of thing. Their choice to take the hint and use that opportunity to learn how to better be able to do things by themselves, or balk becasue their feelings are hurt.

Last edited:
That you're just justifying their actions by doing exactly the same.
You're contradicting yourself. You're complaining that people belittle others, then go on and belittle them. You're exactly the same. Now you've attacked them there's no reason for them to change a thing, you'll actually be encouraging this behavior.

So yes for me you're a troll becasue all you do here is stirring the pot, and should have been banned straight after this thread's first post.

Most of the harsh responsies are actually for the good of the noob guy. Teach him to fish instead of giving him a fish once kind of thing.

So I should have been banned for mocking aggressive people?

I completely support the notion of teaching someone to fish, but that doesn't have to be through putting them down. The best teachers I had were the ones who shared their knowledge without any angle and were nothing but positive in their delivery.

To be fair, NoisyGriff, your post was fine up until you started stereotyping people. I wouldn't hang you for it, but I think it was ill-advised, and people are right to pull you up for it. However, your main point was valid.

To be fair, NoisyGriff, your post was fine up until you started stereotyping people. I wouldn't hang you for it, but I think it was ill-advised, and people are right to pull you up for it. However, your main point was valid.

Thank you, Huddy - I'm very happy to have my post criticised. Your point is valid; no-one likes being stereotyped, but I think it's fair to have a humorous pop at the more bullish types.

Thank you for your measured response.

So I should have been banned for mocking aggressive people?
Yes, becasue mocking people is aggressive, so you have the same attitude you're mocking, and thus... should be mocking yourself just as much for having posted that? See the "infinite loop" and completely useless nature of even being there?

The best teachers I had were the ones who shared their knowledge without any angle and were nothing but positive in their delivery.
When people are in front of a teacher they "know" they're there to learn and expect to do so. Here people often are not in that mindset, don't even think they might have the possbility to learn, and a little slap is sometimes needed to make them aware of it. They have a question and don't even think they may be able find the answer by themselves. Hopefully the "hey, that's really basic, y'know you could have found that on your own this way?" makes them realise it and save both their and other people's time in the future.

A teacher also sometimes has to be strict and have a go at someone when they need to do something they should have learnt throught heir homework but have no idea because they didn't do squat at home (parallel to people asking questions they REALLY should not be having if they had read the freaking manual i.e. they obviously haven't done it - and it's really important they read it for their own and everyone else's safety).

Yes, becasue mocking people is aggressive, so you have the same attitude you're mocking, and thus... should be mocking yourself just as much? See the "infinite loop" and completely useless nature of even being there?

I'm so surprised that so much is being made of a comment that makes fun of aggressive people. I don't understand why some are so quick to defend those guys. Surely the better response is to point out all the good on here, rather than to defend the bad?

People are aggressive. You make fun of them, which is aggressive. So people will also make fun of you / be aggressive towards you in return just like you are, and everybody ends up bashing each other, which is the exact opposite of what you claim you want.

End of story. There is no "good" in this "discussion", and that's pretty much the definition of trolling.

Definition of a Troll from our Guidelines .
12. Trolling and cyber stalking are not allowed and are grounds for account restriction or banishment. Trolling includes posting controversial and often irrelevant or off-topic messages with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal, harmonious on-topic discussion, especially when a pattern of such posting is apparent.
Just so all know .

Reactions: Kilrah
Definition of a Troll from our Guidelines...

Just so all know .

We've somehow become embroiled in a conversation about whether I'm trolling the forum. I am not.

I was hoping to generate a discussion about how inexperienced Magic owners might have a more positive experience on here. That hasn't happened.

I'm saddened by the majority of responses I have had to the thread.

I think it's best left there.

All my post was ..Troll.. was being used so much I decided to put it up
in case no one had read the guidelines .
Some subject matter that is brought up never turns out good and looks like your thread didn't . I wouldn't leave but just contribute where you could . Do as our Administrator posted and just move on .
There's a lot here you can learn from if you just look .

Thanks for the definition, dirkclod. I've seen trolls on other forums, and on this forum occasionally. NoisyGriff made what could be seen as an ill-advised remark, but I'm certainly not sensing he was trolling (not that you were saying he was). I think people are right to point out why his closing comments on his opening post were in contrast to the point he was trying to make. I think NoisyGriff can now see that too. There's not much for us to disagree with on this thread.

To be clear, the staff is not saying the OP is trolling... he brought up a good point. Unfortunately, he followed that up with a rude comment of his own. That alone shows you what the staff is up against. The best prevention is to be nice and to report those who do not follow the forum guidelines - Community Rules

Think.jpg

My mother has a saying 'if you can't say something nice, say nothing'. Works OK for me

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom