DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Goggle Support

So if usbc to hdmi does not work for the goggles, then like other situations, if your phone or tablet has an hdmi out, you should be able to connect the goggles through that device.
Yes? Maybe?

e1feea2df73447797ac9ebf37b09848a.jpg

I mean... maybe that would work.

Googles will work in HDMI mode with the Spark as I can connect my iphone to the remove or bird via wifi then use the phone lightning port as HDMI out to the goggles (I call this passenger mode as I can fly with the iphone while my passenger gets the goggles).

It would only work for the air 2 if one had an Android device with independent usbc and hdmi out ports. This is conceivable, but I don't know of such an Android device.

Cool...please post your results when the firmware is released as I wondered about this as well.
I presume you will get both the included new MA2 controller as well as the smart controller?
I would be interested in how much better the smart controller screen is than a phone in full sunlight.
Unfortunately this also makes the MA2 significantly less of a low cost alternative.

My Mavic air 2 has not arrived yet but I have been thinking about trying to use goggles with it mainly because of sun glare. A low budget set of goggles with the smartphone inside where there is cable space/hole, longer cable wired into the handset. You clever drone operators will instantly know if I am knocking on the wrong door, give me a clue please. Thank you.

low budget set of goggles with the smartphone inside

I tried this and it is not horrible, but is far from optimal.
It is worth a try if you already have a high res cell phone as the holder headsets can be found for $20 or you can make one out of cardboard.
I did this for a while before I got the goggles.
I did not find that better than using a tablet with something to shade the display.
I have tried a chair with integrated umbrella, A big box on my head, A wide brimmed hat with black cloth. there are pluses and minuses with each.
I bought the goggles with the intent of taking them back if they were not great.
They were great.
I really like the MA2, but I will not get a MA2 until there is some goggle option.
I have even thought about getting a tiny hdmi camera and making a cardboard box mounting a camera hooked to the goggles looking at an ipad connected via cable to the controller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki