DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air 2 does not (currently) support Goggles

Gacsaly

Reactions
I added the MA2 to my comparison spreadsheet and was about to hit buy (I have a spark+goggles)...but I chatted with support to ensure my goggles would be supported. They said not at this time! So now entering wait mode. The MA2 had all the features I wanted with a lower cost.

Gacsaly, thank you for sharing this information! I was about to hit buy on MA2 fly more combo and then started to look for The answer for exactly this question!
does your comment mean that they will add compatibility later?

They said "the developers are working on it" which could mean a few days or never.
I presumed it would be easy to get it to work with the cable as the goggles are android based.
I almost hit buy on for the flymore - I liked the MA2 on all other key features.
I like having the option of "passenger mode" where I fly via controller+ipad and passenger wears the googles.

Attachments

• CompareDrones.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 3
What will be interesting too, is what features / functions DJI goggles (and RE goggles) will be compatible with the the Air 2.
So far the only drone that can access virtually all flight modes / functions, ir the M1P / MPP.

goggles_compatibility.jpg

If use with goggles is a definite need, I'd be waiting for the announcement of an update actually there.
And then checking out what functions / features will be included that a pilot really wants.

Yep...I am waiting for goggles to be real with the MA2.
I am hopeful it will not be too long.
May be a good thing - as now I won't be a bleeding edge early copter adopter..

The only mode I often use with the goggles is the Tripod mode, when I want full control and take stable video.
When I (rarely) use other modes, I use a phone/tablet.
I guess I have used active track with the goggles but I like the app interface much better.

It is documented on DJI’s fAQ on the MA2. Hopefully in the future they may make them compatible but unlikely.
1664EE13-4FDF-45E8-973F-54BCB1F052BF.jpeg

I did not check the faq but did review the specs carefully.
I only noticed it when I did a side by side with M2P and saw goggles were explicitly supported (with latencies) on the M2P but silent on the MA3 side - so I chatted. I would have been pissed if I ordered then found out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke