DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 shipping

Wow, sorry to hear that! Mine came from DJI to Jax, FL in 3 days and I was frankly shocked that air -shipping was included! I don't know about holding orders to fill a container (or the container just happened to be ready to go!) According to the tracking mine was DHL air to AK then UPS to my door. All that was about two months ago in the middle of the covid containment.

Did u order it directly?

I ordered mine direct. It took just over a week to arrive, despite the initial estimate of 4 days. One thing to note about what may appear to be a lot of "back and forth" between cities is that the times are generally shown in local time zone - so they can be out of order. Also, documentation like customs may show up in a city other than where the shipment is. Bottom line for me is that my drone arrived and has been working just fine. Hope you get yours figured out soon. In hindsight, I would have ordered from a US vendor. And I would have waited until today, so I could have saved $100. Oh well.

I ordered mine direct. It took just over a week to arrive, despite the initial estimate of 4 days. One thing to note about what may appear to be a lot of "back and forth" between cities is that the times are generally shown in local time zone - so they can be out of order. Also, documentation like customs may show up in a city other than where the shipment is. Bottom line for me is that my drone arrived and has been working just fine. Hope you get yours figured out soon. In hindsight, I would have ordered from a US vendor. And I would have waited until today, so I could have saved $100. Oh well.

Yeah the sale isn’t going on anymore. I already ordered mine thru apple and it’ll be here Thursday

My MA2 delivery from Shenzhen also took about two weeks. Got a proper ADSB version, fully functional. Saved about $60 on taxes, plus got a $5 coupon for future purchases. Same with Mini half a year ago. Overall, not a bad experience.

AFAIK drones are exempt from tax in New York state, however Best Buy still collects them. Not sure about other local retailers. B&H is probably the only other one I would confidently purchase from.

AFAIK drones are exempt from tax in New York state, however Best Buy still collects them. Not sure about other local retailers. B&H is probably the only other one I would confidently purchase from.
Yeah no, I don't think so, taxes apply in NY... - - - >

This is a common misconception -- I've even seen it repeated on blog posts on reputable sites -- but it's wrong. Drones are taxed in NY, as the section that exempts general aviation aircraft from sales tax specifically defines that term to not include an "unmanned aerial vehicle or drone." The relevant law is N.Y. Tax Law §1115(a)(21-a) (font color/underlines by me):

(a) Receipts from the following shall be exempt from the tax on retail sales . . .
(21-a) General aviation aircraft, and machinery or equipment to be installed on such aircraft.  For purposes of this subdivision, “general aviation aircraft” means an aircraft that is used in civil aviation, that is not a commercial aircraft as defined in paragraph seventeen of subdivision (b) of section eleven hundred one of this article, military aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicle or drone."

It would be nice if it were true, but alas, it isn't.

Reactions: fGene
Yeah no, I don't think so, taxes apply in NY... - - - >

I read it here:

Quote: "No Sales Tax
There’s some good news though. Drones are exempt from sales tax in New York State. Given how expensive drones and their accessories can be it’s a small but important relief on the cost of drone ownership."

Probably "fake news" then.

Ordering direct from DJI, and getting the item shipped from China, is always going to be a LONG wait. It eventually arrives, but you have to be patient. VERY patient! Under the current COVID circumstances of depleted staff and extra screening through every step, that shipment can take between 2 and 3 weeks, without any excuses given at all. My DJI direct order of the Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo took 11 days, 16 hours and 40 minutes total, between online order and arrival at my doorstep. That was actually pretty quick. Others have seen shipping times as long as or longer than yours. Also, tracking the shipment was an unintelligible mess. There seemed to be a disconnect between activity in China and Japan, and the activity in the US. According to the dates and times on the updates, the shipment seemed to be jumping all over the globe. Back and forth between Dongguan and Guangzhou in China, Narita-shi and Sennan-shi in Japan, and Memphis, TN. After a while, I just gave up on trying to interpret that gobbledy-gook. Of course, at the time I made the decision to buy, I had no idea that it could be purchased from stateside online retailers, and fulfilled from locations in the US, and that's why I bought from the DJI Store. I didn't think I had a choice. Knowing what I know now, I'd still have concerns about buying from an establishment like DroneNerds, because I wouldn't be sure that I am receiving all the same exact warranties and promises when buying from anyone but DJI directly. Maybe someone can respond to that specific concern. Is there absolutely NO difference between an online purchase at the DJI Store and from some other authorized online reseller?

In retrospect, I might have felt OK about ordering it from Apple.com. According to their online store, I can have it shipped for free and get it two days, or pay $8 and get it tomorrow. Again, I didn't know it was available from there.

Last edited:
Yeah mines been 14 days now and it’s still in Guangzhou. I refunded it thru PNC And ordered one thru Apple. Not sure how DJI is gonna get it back lmao

Well, it sure would be nice if you could report back here when your DJI direct purchase is fully refunded, or not. I wonder how that works, when the item purchased is in transit already.

Well, it sure would be nice if you could report back here when your DJI direct purchase is fully refunded, or not. I wonder how that works, when the item purchased is in transit already.

Yeah I’m not sure. Fedex will probably still deliver the item I would think. Pnc says it might take 60-90 days to fully give me my money. Mine literally still says it’s in Guangzhou lol. It also says it was supposed to get here originally the 28th then 29th then took forever to update till today[emoji848]. Some other guy did the same thing as me but he said if DJI comes sniffing for the drone he might just say it never got delivered and he’d keep it. I don’t know if I’ve got the heart to do that!!! Never ordering directly again. For some people it took as short as 6 days, which I wouldn’t mind, but going on half a month is ridiculous.

Reactions: OnlyMavic
Never ordering directly again. For some people it took as short as 6 days, which I wouldn’t mind, but going on half a month is ridiculous.

It is ridiculous, but in this day and age, no longer can it be unexpected. I was patient enough to allow my order to make it all the way to me, but it turned out to be nearly 12 days of pained waiting. I truly wish I had known that I could get the same thing for the same price from Apple.com in a couple of days. That's the way I would have gone.

Reactions: evann2120
It is ridiculous, but in this day and age, no longer can it be unexpected. I was patient enough to allow my order to make it all the way to me, but it turned out to be nearly 12 days of pained waiting. I truly wish I had known that I could get the same thing for the same price from Apple.com in a couple of days. That's the way I would have gone.

Yeah. I know they said it might take longer cuz of corona but I’ve heard that it took like 10 days when corona was the worst. half a month now is crazy and I am inpatient to begin with lol. Apple always comes thru. From now on I’m sticking to Best Buy Apple it amazon!!!

I read it here:

Quote: "No Sales Tax
There’s some good news though. Drones are exempt from sales tax in New York State. Given how expensive drones and their accessories can be it’s a small but important relief on the cost of drone ownership."

Probably "fake news" then.
Yep, unfortunately just misinformation going around, you can't believe everything you read.

My took nine days to arrive. I too regretted ordering direct from DJI during the shipping pricess. FedEx tracking was a mess. After the third day tracking started saying delivery scheduled each following day by 10:30am. Then customs delay and then 10:30am the next day, etc....once it finally got out of Memphis tracking was spot on and it arrived the next day. Perfectly packaged and have been flying it everyday for just about three weeks now.

Reactions: OnlyMavic
I’ve learned my lesson the hard way ordering from DJI. The reason why the movement is slow is because it is sitting in a container still waiting for it to be filled(China, Singapore, Japan)and then it’s gets loaded up on a plane at one time. That’s how they save cost.

My order was sitting and constantly scanning in one spot for a week while the later orders comes in to fill it up. When this happen sometimes the people who placed their order a week later can get theirs at the same time. I’ve seen it.
I doubt that they sit in a container....I ordered direct from DJI and it was sent xpress DHL...had it in like 5 days from china to OZ at the height of the virus

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_