DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S and Smart Controller

CorralesDan

Reactions
In my post yesterday, I mentioned I had some issues with my Smart Controller in my first flight with my Air 2S - red screen, bad video. I did some more research and found that the simple answer was to reset the controller to the factory settings and start over. I did that this morning and my test flight went perfect. So, I'm back to using the Smart Controller and I'm very happy about that.

Same findings over a period of time. The smart controller also had a hard time remembering custom gimbal speed settings. It is a good device, but also behind on computing power. Don't try to run third party apps unless you have a lot of patience.

Same findings over a period of time. The smart controller also had a hard time remembering custom gimbal speed settings. It is a good device, but also behind on computing power. Don't try to run third party apps unless you have a lot of patience.
I haven't had any problems with it remembering my settings and I don't run any third-party apps. So, so far so good. Maybe DJI will come out with a Smart Controller 3 before I die.

I wonder if the new Smart Controller is any less buggy... 🤔
Well, my very first bug with it right out of the gate, it does not want to connect to my 5Ghz wifi network. Many have had success, but it just won't happen for me. I turned on developer mode on the controller so I could see verbose wifi logging and I say association rejection errors, but worked on this enough to know that it was not a fat fingered password as the errors suggested. It's not a big deal, but annoying nonetheless. For now, my M3 is shelved anyways awaiting firmware confidence. : )

Reactions: BSauce955
Well, my very first bug with it right out of the gate, it does not want to connect to my 5Ghz wifi network. Many have had success, but it just won't happen for me. I turned on developer mode on the controller so I could see verbose wifi logging and I say association rejection errors, but worked on this enough to know that it was not a fat fingered password as the errors suggested. It's not a big deal, but annoying nonetheless. For now, my M3 is shelved anyways awaiting firmware confidence. : )
Wow, 2-3k sitting on a shelf...

Wow, 2-3k sitting on a shelf...
One Cine 5K and a stand alone 2K sitting on a shelf. But it's not like it won't eventually get used. It's already paid for. I just don't want to risk them until some of the issues are resolved.

One Cine 5K and a stand alone 2K sitting on a shelf. But it's not like it won't eventually get used. It's already paid for. I just don't want to risk them until some of the issues are resolved.
Hey, that should be illegal, send me one when you get a chance! I assume you fly professionally?

Used it for the last 2 weeks with air2s and and not seen any issues, but now think I will sell the older DC and buy a newer one

Did you work this bug out? My SC won't connect to my home wifi , either 5g or 2.4 version. Will connect to my iphone hot spot. I also can't believe this expensive little thing doesn't connect to maps without using my iphone

No! I thought I did, and I swear it connected one time to my 5Ghz wifi. Since this happened right after the controller got it's quickie firmware update. But alas, the next time I tried, same **** thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661