DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S dead

Infide1

Reactions
Just wanted to share my experience with my air 2s and DJI

So i bought a brand new air 2s on the 6th July 2022 (fly more combo). I have always been super careful with my electronics, always handling them with the outmost care. Due to lack of free time i had only managed to fly the bird 3-4 times total. No issues, no hard landings, no overheating, nothing. On the 22th Dec we were going to visit my in laws for a 4 day vacation trip in a small village. Perfect time to fly once more. So the previous day, i unpack the drone, charge up all 3 batteries, update the fly app, Connect to drone to verify all good. New firmware pops up, so i go ahead and update. Everything goes smoothly, drone reboots and connects just fine, firmware up to date. I turn the drone and controller off and pack everything up to my hard case. Next day we travel to our destination. In the afternoon i get out the drone, double tap the battery and.... nothing. The battery just blinks but no response from the drone. Unplug battery, pop in a different one, same thing. Connect the batteries with the usb adapter to check if they output. No issues. Connect the drone to my laptop - nothing. Completely dead.
On returning i drop off the drone to the store (which is also and official DJI service center). 2 weeks later i get a call: Come pick up your new drone, it has been replaced under warranty.
So, no complaints as far as warranty goes, the new drone was indeed a new one, sealed in a box (not a refurbished). But this experience did change my mind on the hole "care refresh" product. Since the drone was purchased as a company asset (no vat paid), it only has 1 year warranty instead of 2. And with 6 months already gone, i bought the 2 year care refresh as a "warranty extension".

Just a point, before opting to use a care refresh always check whether or not the problem is covered by warranty first. There's no point in going straight a care refresh service, which will cost you money, when a warranty service would be free.

Anyhow, glad you got the drone sorted.

Just a point, before opting to use a care refresh always check whether or not the problem is covered by warranty first. There's no point in going straight a care refresh service, which will cost you money, when a warranty service would be free.
If the issue is a warranty issue, DJI will not use your care refresh for the repair. Been there, done that.

Did you "Double tap" or did you tap once, then hold down the button for 3 seconds so the battery starts. Sounds to me like everything was normal if you had the lights. Just holding down the button again for 3 seconds again probably would have started your drone. See video at 5:14 mark. Best of luck.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N