DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s drifting during waypoints

victor.rodriguez

Reactions
When attempting a hyperlapse with waypoints, the air 2s keeps drifting. I keep the center of the shot on the same pint point spot for both waypoints, but by the time the “mission” ends, the drone is facing a completely different direction. Any ideas why?

Probably not the drone that drifts...

This is instead very likely due to that the camera doesn't line up exactly in the same direction as the drone. If the camera is off by a couple degrees horizontally compared to the drone it means that you aim up the camera towards the "target" but then the drone flies off in a slightly different direction, this wouldn't be so apparent in shorter distances but very noticeable for longer.

I'm using the DJI GO4 for my drone & that app have +/-10 degrees adjustability for the gimbal... the DJI Fly app have most probably something similar.

Reactions: James in the Desert
When attempting a hyperlapse with waypoints, the air 2s keeps drifting. I keep the center of the shot on the same pint point spot for both waypoints, but by the time the “mission” ends, the drone is facing a completely different direction. Any ideas why?
I've had the same problem, but it has mostly been recent, so I wonder if it might be a firmware thing.