DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Fly More bundle being sold with the RC PRO?

shorter answer it does. B&H is selling it with the combo.
I'm aware it should, but I'm curious if in practice it actually does fly both drones as currently configured. Appreciate the answer.

from what they are saying it is configured only for the A2S and the one that comes with the M3 is just for the M3
That’s literally what I said in my last post that you were trying to discredit.

Reactions: projectarjun
So I've bought the RC Pro, standalone, to use with my Air 2S. Backordered at B&H, so it'll be a few days/weeks until I actually have it. As we know, the standalone version will not currently work with the Air 2S, although DJI has promised to provide an update - sometime in the indefinite future - to make this possible. In the meantime, we know that the difference is the firmware loaded - v01.00.0400 for the Mavic 3, and v03.00.0008 for the Air 2S. So it's just a matter of getting the correct firmware loaded once i get it (if DJI is still dragging it's heels).

I found this video where someone manages to change the firmware on their RC Pro from the Air 2S version to the Mavic 3 version:
Obviously some basic command line stuff, but it's in a different language and I can't really follow what's happening. I'm OK with doing command line stuff like this - does anyone know what's happening, and is it something that we can do?

Isn't he the same guy in that video that flew a Mavic up to like 10k meters in altitude?

Holy macro :eek: This deal is a game changer!

Holy macro :eek: This deal is a game changer!
yes but as has been mentioned here, right now this controller works with the Air2s, but not the mavic 2 or 3. i have yet to see a post where someone bought this combo and connected the controller to a M2P or M3. Maybe i missed it, but i waited to buy this until we get some more details.

• Love
Reactions: projectarjun
Posted several times earlier in this thread - if you get the combo with the Air 2S RC Pro, it won't work with anything besides the Air 2S. At least until DJI updates the firmware to allow multiple drones, which they've stated they are working on.

Reactions: Rrrick
A lot of people purchased the M3 w the idea that DJI would have the firmware to make everything work as advertised with that in mind, it's not a stretch to believe they would do the same for the RC Pro to work w more than A2S?

I suspect they will hold the updated firmware until they can price adjust the Air 2S combo with the RC Pro. I think the price we have now is temp the old price because they had to fill in for the missing V1 smart controller. The box reflecting the RC Pro was ready because I think they planned to sell it that way at a higher price point in addition to the regular smart controller or in place of but were caught off guard by the lack of some parts for the old controller. They made a move to keep things going but will have to adjust at some point. If they dont, an M3 buyer would buy the base or fly more then buy the A2S combo and sell the A2S making the RC Pro about half price or at least they should if they want to save money.

Last edited:
Agree the firmware update will be later rather than sooner or inventory may dictate the timeline. Just one more thing that is affected by the pandemic.

I can confirm I got the same package and it is the RC pro. That being said there are some things about the rc pro that I don't like after getting it such as no clean hdmi output. I actually had to go out and purchase the old version just for that (kind of negates the coolness of getting the new and improved version)

It does work with the air2s

Wouldn't it be easier to get the Mini HDMI adapter to full size HDMI? There is a guy on YouTube that has it that way to use w goggles

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman