DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Propeller Upgrades?

shradude

Reactions
Has anyone seen or, better yet, tried a propeller upgrade for the 2S? I used to use Master Airscrew for my old Spark and it made quite a difference with sound and improved flight time but they have not put out any 2S propellers as of yet.

yup even the same part number.... why change, great props as standard. i sent back some master airscrew props in disgust last year looked like a youg kid had made them and forgot to finish them off ,shoddy overpriced junk.

If you look at the Master Airscrew site, their Air 2 upgrade distinctly say they are not for the 2S - I guess they are too long compared to the stock props and will get into your video/photo shot on the larger 2S sensor.

I would be pleased to find an upgrade that improved flight time on the 2S since, as stock, you lose 4-5 minutes on the upgrade from the Air 2.

Reactions: Pautna
Mavic Air 2 Props work with the Air 2S correct?

Probable for the OEM props, but not MAS ?

Pretty sure the Air2 MAS props hit the A2S body near the new top sensors, quite a few threads on the forum regarding that.
Won't be long I'm sure the new MAS A2S props will be out.

I too use them on the Spark, much less noticeable for sure . . .

We also did the same comparo on the brother in laws original Air, and the results were not quite as good, so your mileage might vary on the benefit between aircraft models.
Every bit helps to make your flights that little bit less annoying to others that might be nearby.

Mavic Air 2 Props work with the Air 2S correct?
The oem props work, and are identical, but the MAS aftermarket props are a touch longer and can strike the upward obstacle sensors. For right now I think it would behoove Everyone to steer clear of aftermarket props. As we've seen too often in the past the knockoff companies will just claim something fits/ works( or works better) without actually testing or changing anything.

MAS Stealth props.
Their MA2 props work fine for MA2 aircraft.
They are too long for MA2S.
So no decent aftermarket props yet for the MA2S, stick with originals until MAS bring out their new ones for the MA2S . . . even then I’d wait maybe a month or so and check some reviews on YouTube and various forums, just to be sure no teething issues.

I think the ability to fly quieter and longer is handled far better by the pilot than by so called quiet props. I think you're fooling yourself if you're using a noise monitor and hovering. My ear's don't lie ;)

Reactions: tlswift58
Thanks for sharing!

I think the ability to fly quieter and longer is handled far better by the pilot than by so called quiet props. I think you're fooling yourself if you're using a noise monitor and hovering. My ear's don't lie ;)
Not to mention the wallet lightening on the MAS ones. WOW - expensive. From previous posts on the Air 2 - would not venture buying them at that price and they be crap.

Not to mention the wallet lightening on the MAS ones. WOW - expensive. From previous posts on the Air 2 - would not venture buying them at that price and they be crap.

Not that bad . . . maybe for Australia pricing.
As an example . . . for my M1P.
On specials now on the MAS website for $18.52 (pretty sure that's US$), normally $21.79, this is for a set of 4 props.

Our price on OEM M1P props here is $12 Aussie AUD$, that's about US$9.30, but that's for a pair, so a set of 4 props is = to US$18.60 . . .

Very comparable on special, in fact cheaper on special, not factoring in shipping (which is probably free in the US).
They have the 15% off specials EVERY single US holiday, so no one should / would buy them other times I imagine.

So unless we get absolutely ripped off here for OEM props compared to the US, MAS are good value from what I see.
(I have them for my M1P and Spark, both give pleasing results using them.)

To me for a set of 4 props here is under US$20, doesn't seem excessive.
What's a pair or set of OEM DJI props worth for the M1P from the DJI store stateside ?

The oem props work, and are identical, but the MAS aftermarket props are a touch longer and can strike the upward obstacle sensors. For right now I think it would behoove Everyone to steer clear of aftermarket props. As we've seen too often in the past the knockoff companies will just claim something fits/ works( or works better) without actually testing or changing anything.
I purchased a set of MAS orange props for the color. I got a motor overheat warning, immediately landed, and put them back in the box they came in. I think I'll only use DJI propellers. If I want color, I can spray paint them-LOL

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine