DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S went on sale today

I added an air2S fmc to my fleet about 6 months ago for the exclusive purpose of using the insta360 sphere. Awesome drone for the money and the creativity afforded by the 360 tech is unlimited.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Good luck! Thumbswayup

Best Buy was great about it. I called beforehand and explained that I completely understand why there is a 15% restocking fee, but that I had documented errors out of the box with one dead battery. Surprisingly or not, due to the fact that the 3 batteries and Fly More all came as one package, the stone dead battery was all they needed for a full return and didn't bother with anything else.

I did have to go into my phone DJI app and unlink or remove the Air 2S, because right at the register it warned that it was paired to me and had to be undone before they could refund, and we got that done too.

Good little experiment that allowed me to expand my mind and research into living with a +250g drone.

I have decided now though to see what the future brings for Mavic 4 and/or Mini 4.

Why buy from Best Buy? Amazon has the same deal with a brand new unit with a much better return policy. Only downside of my Air 2s is the battery life. I NEVER see more than about 17 minutes of flight time with 15% left even in the best conditions.

Reactions: Mavikhan
If they are phasing out the A2S, I certainly hope something called an "Air 3" isn't too far behind. The "Air" series fills a really nice spot between the mini drones and the flagship Mavics like the Mavic 3.

I'd think that niche has already been filled by the Mavic 3 Classic...?

really doesn't seem like there would be enough room between the performance, specs, and price of the Air 2S and the M3 Classic to create a market for an Air 3. And there isn't enough room between the M3 Classic and a refurbished Mavic 3 either

Why buy from Best Buy? Amazon has the same deal with a brand new unit with a much better return policy. Only downside of my Air 2s is the battery life. I NEVER see more than about 17 minutes of flight time with 15% left even in the best conditions.
yeah, that's a significant downside

the comfortable margin for long flights without worrying about battery level that the Mini 3 Plus and the Mavic 3 batteries offer is a big advantage in my view

So...how much was Air 2S before the sale?...I fly with someone ( @projectarjun )..he has the A2S in his fleet...I have mini2.....that A2S is impressive...it takes a lot better video than the Mini 2 and it is fast....one time we wer at the bay and there was a fast boat in the water....he started following from way behind and overtook it ( not over it) ...and someone please fill me in on what FMC is...thank you
A guy crashed his Mini2 and sent it with the battery in it to DJI....they told him to go back to Best Buy and Exchange it...instead they allowed him the credit towards an upgrade .... the battery was gone, but I was able to buy the other stuff from the fly more combo from him...I don't think Amazon would do that....I think they are too big and at a distance ( only able to contact via internet) to handle it.

Reactions: projectarjun
So...how much was Air 2S before the sale?...I fly with someone ( @projectarjun )..he has the A2S in his fleet...I have mini2.....that A2S is impressive...it takes a lot better video than the Mini 2 and it is fast....one time we wer at the bay and there was a fast boat in the water....he started following from way behind and overtook it ( not over it) ...and someone please fill me in on what FMC is...thank you

A guy crashed his Mini2 and sent it with the battery in it to DJI....they told him to go back to Best Buy and Exchange it...instead they allowed him the credit towards an upgrade .... the battery was gone, but I was able to buy the other stuff from the fly more combo from him...I don't think Amazon would do that....I think they are too big and at a distance ( only able to contact via internet) to handle it.
FMC = fly more combo

Reactions: MARK (LI)
OsitaLV on twitter a reputable leaker in his roadmap for 2023 predicts an Air 3 in a few months.
The sale makes sense to me if this is true.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB