DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Will not maintain connection with RC Pro.

Thanks for letting me know. The only way to make it right would be to do a replacement w/out counting against you as one claim.
I agree. These are Outa the Box problems that existed from initial start up. Should absolutely be covered under factory defect warranty. These particular units shouldn't have left the factory with those issues.

This is very strange. Or you have a wifi heavy interference or the RC is damaged
I'm kinda leaning towards damaged or defective. Turning my home wifi on or off didn't seem to make any difference. I never received any message or warning about interference prior to loss of comms. Loss of connection was also happening about a Mile away from any wifi router. Seems some of us are having these issues while others are getting normal performance......added together, makes me think there was a bad batch that escaped the factory. ???

I'm kinda leaning towards damaged or defective. Turning my home wifi on or off didn't seem to make any difference. I never received any message or warning about interference prior to loss of comms. Loss of connection was also happening about a Mile away from any wifi router. Seems some of us are having these issues while others are getting normal performance......added together, makes me think there was a bad batch that escaped the factory. ???
I will contact DJI and ask for repair/repace

I mean if i am you I will contact DJI and ask for repair/repace

Reactions: WyomingCB
I had bought RC PRO separatedly. I am having the same problem with desconnection. After I upgraded battery firmware it got better. But one thing I did almost solved the problem. I had unistalled dji fly update. Everything worked almost flawlesly. Then I received the message that there was an update on DJI Fly. I refreshed RC PRO and Air 2S firmware and updated DJI Fly. Indoor it seemed to solve the problem. I did not tested it outside. I am sure that this is a software problem. A friend had the same problem. He bought RC Pro appart too.

I just got mine back from DJI repair. They said they repaired the motherboard of Rc pro. It still has same issue. Ugh….

Thats so strange! I just sent my unit back to them for a second time. First time they sent it back to me still disconnecting. This time I sent Rc pro only to them, I'm hoping they do the right thing this time. I don't want a repair I want a new unit new hardware whatever it takes to have no more disconnects.

I’m totally new to drones, I’m having similar issues, and apologize in advance for the length of this but want to be as thorough as possible. I purchased a DJI Air 2s Aerial Bundle from Costco in late January. Used my iPhone Xr for the controller and all worked very well – RTH was being set and had no issues with connectivity – only needed airtime to learn to fly.

A friend told me about the B&H Photo Fly More Combo with the RC Pro and I couldn’t pass on that. I didn’t like using my iPhone for control since I’m pretty dependent on it for the other usual tasks. So I returned the Costco Bundle and purchased the B&H Combo.

For the first few flights with the RC Pro, I noticed I wasn’t getting the option to RTH the landing. This is when I touch the Auto Takeoff icon while in flight, I would get the option to Land or RTH. Now I was only getting the Land option. I knew that after an Auto Takeoff, I should go up to at least 7m so precision landing would work but that didn’t seem to help. Other than that, the first few short flights worked fine.

On the second trip out, same issue with not getting the RTH landing option. I was in a very open area with nothing around for at least several miles and flew up to about 100’ and out about 900’. On return, I lost connection when the Air 2s was only at about 70’ altitude and maybe 70’ distant. After me panicking, the drone did what is should and returned to home.

I tried it a second time and had a similar result, losing connection and once again having it land at home. I quit at this point counting myself lucky to have not lost the drone.

A few days later, I powered up in the house and checked the transmission levels graph on the DJI Fly app (the one under the Channel Mode on the Transmission tab) and noticed it was showing off the chart red, instability about two channels wide. It was flat lining at -60 dBm so I assume is was off the chart. I have a wireless router in the house but was surprised at the “off the chart” interference. About this time, I noticed a new 1.5.10 DJI Fly update was available, so I loaded it. Right after that, I had a notice that the drone firmware needed updating so I let that happen. Interestingly, the drone firmware version did not update, it was still at 02.04.2130, so I’m thinking it was a Refresh of the firmware.

I again checked the interference graph and now don’t see anything higher than about -90 to -85 dBm. Weather hasn’t been nice enough to fly again yet but I’m hoping the DJI Fly app update and drone FW refresh might have fixed the issue. Will let you know more when I get the chance to try it.

I'm in the UK and has the RC Pro combo shipped from B&H via a dropshipper. Today, is the first time I've had the chance to get out for a longer flight with the RC Pro. I've only had one other flight with the standard controller that came with my Mini 2 and I had no disconnect or range issues (beyond the expect CE mode limitations).

I'm on the latest firmware on the RC Pro but the Air 2s I'm on the shipped firmware which is 02.04.2100. I was holding off updating for downgrading opportunities for FCC permanency mod.

Today using the RC Pro on a remote beach with clear line of sight out to sea I had total loss of connection 3 times in less than 10 minutes. I'm gutted but also happy I've found this thread. At least I know I'm not alone!

Will have a proper read through and evaluate options.

Update: Nice enough day today to retry my Air 2s with the RC Pro. This is after updating to the DJI Fly app 1.5.10 and two aircraft firmware refreshes. After installing 1.5.10, I've had two times where I was notified in the Fly app of an aircraft firmware update but each time the update started at 70% complete and the version never changed after finishing, it stayed at 02.04.2130.

I returned to the same location I had the two lost connections. This time all worked as expected: no lost connections and my RTH option was back. I tried to recreate the same flight pattern, etc. It was about 65 deg rather than 72 deg so can't rule out temperature but I'm feeling pretty confident I have a reliable drone to fly.

Update: Nice enough day today to retry my Air 2s with the RC Pro. This is after updating to the DJI Fly app 1.5.10 and two aircraft firmware refreshes. After installing 1.5.10, I've had two times where I was notified in the Fly app of an aircraft firmware update but each time the update started at 70% complete and the version never changed after finishing, it stayed at 02.04.2130.

I returned to the same location I had the two lost connections. This time all worked as expected: no lost connections and my RTH option was back. I tried to recreate the same flight pattern, etc. It was about 65 deg rather than 72 deg so can't rule out temperature but I'm feeling pretty confident I have a reliable drone to fly.
This is happening to me too.

Purchased Fly More Comb from BH 9 days ago. 5 batteries worth of flight and each flight drone disconnects from RC Pro (or vice versa). Attempted return to BH, so far, unsuccessful ... they said I need to go through DJI. I have requested phone conversation with a manager about this, I am sure they will eventually allow me to return this defective (and potentially dangerous) purchase to them since they tout an "Easy 30-Day Any Reason Return Policy" on their website. (?) Anyone have trouble returning something like this to BH?

I will keep you updated.

Anyone else having this issue? Is it just with BH Fly More Combo?

Oh. Now i've gone from excited to apprehensive. My Air 2S with RC Pro should arrive tomorrow from Amazon, Sadly, it will arrive to my house in the USA and i'm in the UK. I'll have to make sure I take it out and fly it to see if I have this issue once I get home to California.

This is happening to me too.

Purchased Fly More Comb from BH 9 days ago. 5 batteries worth of flight and each flight drone disconnects from RC Pro (or vice versa). Attempted return to BH, so far, unsuccessful ... they said I need to go through DJI. I have requested phone conversation with a manager about this, I am sure they will eventually allow me to return this defective (and potentially dangerous) purchase to them since they tout an "Easy 30-Day Any Reason Return Policy" on their website. (?) Anyone have trouble returning something like this to BH?

I will keep you updated.

Anyone else having this issue? Is it just with BH Fly More Combo?
That is defective from the get go. I would insist on an exchange through B&H. You are not the only person getting this type of treatment from B&H there is a member on YuneecPilots having the same type of issue with a Yuneec H3 purchased through B&H.

I'm in the UK and has the RC Pro combo shipped from B&H via a dropshipper. Today, is the first time I've had the chance to get out for a longer flight with the RC Pro. I've only had one other flight with the standard controller that came with my Mini 2 and I had no disconnect or range issues (beyond the expect CE mode limitations).

I'm on the latest firmware on the RC Pro but the Air 2s I'm on the shipped firmware which is 02.04.2100. I was holding off updating for downgrading opportunities for FCC permanency mod.

Today using the RC Pro on a remote beach with clear line of sight out to sea I had total loss of connection 3 times in less than 10 minutes. I'm gutted but also happy I've found this thread. At least I know I'm not alone!

Will have a proper read through and evaluate options.
Just to follow up. After firmware updates on drone, no more disconnects. I'm on the second to last firmware.

Also had Sincoder mod my remote for permanent FCC as DH at the time didn't offer downgrade.

That is defective from the get go. I would insist on an exchange through B&H. You are not the only person getting this type of treatment from B&H there is a member on YuneecPilots having the same type of issue with a Yuneec H3 purchased through B&H.
Thank you for your advice.

Through a series of emails with B&H, no budging. I asked for a manager to call me so that I can discuss. They said No, no one can call you. You can call our toll-free number if you want to speak with someone.

I will wait until Monday and call. Perhaps I will get better response from the weekday staff.

I've never known any merchant to not take back a product that was purchased 9 days ago and was defective from the onset. Very perplexing and disappointing .... I've never bought from B&H but due to the forums figured I would give it a try. Hope I don't (permanently) regret that decision. ...

Thank you for your advice.

Through a series of emails with B&H, no budging. I asked for a manager to call me so that I can discuss. They said No, no one can call you. You can call our toll-free number if you want to speak with someone.

I will wait until Monday and call. Perhaps I will get better response from the weekday staff.

I've never known any merchant to not take back a product that was purchased 9 days ago and was defective from the onset. Very perplexing and disappointing .... I've never bought from B&H but due to the forums figured I would give it a try. Hope I don't (permanently) regret that decision. ...
They had been a very good company to deal with in the past and I know several
people that have used them for years.

I was shocked to hear about you and the member in the other forum, but it does not appear to be a good trend. Hopefully talking to a manager will get you squared away in short order.

They had been a very good company to deal with in the past and I know several
people that have used them for years.

I was shocked to hear about you and the member in the other forum, but it does not appear to be a good trend. Hopefully talking to a manager will get you squared away in short order.
Spoke to BH Photo weekday people. No return. Had to ask to be bumped to manager.

I explained to the manager that under the return policies on their website it does not specific a return exception for DJI products. Their response was basically oh well that’s the policy.

The manager said that in order to return thIs DJI drone I would need to speak with DJI directly and then and only them if DJI authorizes a return I can then return it to BH. Apparently need a special code from DJI.

Will jump through the hoops with DJI but if they decline me returning I have just basically wasted $1800 which is not insignificant to me.

Even if DJI gives me some workaround will it really be permanently safe to fly without the constant worry it will disconnect. Had my MP OG for years and it was flawless and trustworthy.

Usually purchase items (especially big ticket items) from Amazon or Walmart as their return policies are fair and well understood. Won’t be doing business with BH again when their are other options out there.

Thanks for the replies.

Reactions: maggior

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito