DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Will not maintain connection with RC Pro.

Is there any telltale signs on the box/packaging/serial numbers on the box that it comes with the RC Pro versus non-Pro? Or does the box need to be opened to see it.

When these combos were first being shipped by B&H I remember reports of people saying the packaging still showed the original SC but the box indeed included the new RC Pro. I'm not aware of any telltale signs other than the price matching this combo on B&H. The price with the original SC was significantly cheaper.

I saw this review on amazon: ... very recent review too

Amazon Customer
2.0 out of 5 stars RC-Pro Disconnections | DJI Support No Help!
Reviewed in the United States on March 11, 2022
Size: DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo + Smart ControllerVerified Purchase
I purchased the new bundle with the RC-Pro (it is not listed, it is just what comes when you order the smart controller now)

It works great until there is an unexpected disconnection. It is not a RC disconnect, but an app disconnection. I followed all DJI recommendations to no avail. I returned it in hopes that it was a unit specific issue.

I ordered a second, and after a short test, it began doing the same disconnection. I contacted DJI and they gave me a run around telling me to try again, then I was disconnected from support. I emailed them, and I was given the same response to try again.

This issue is not isolated and has happened at multiple locations with two different drones. I even tested it against the original Mavic Mini, there was no issues whatsoever in the same situations.

I love the drone, I love my previous experiences with DJI, but I cannot invest in a product at this level with inconsistencies in connection and lack of customer service.

After seeing the many reviews like this, I'm sticking with my MA2 and original SC. It seems great if it all works but it's a headache if it doesn't. It's not clear to me that there is a solution other than crossing your fingers that you don't get a lemon. Very unfortunate at this price point.

The advantage of giving it a try though Amazon is returns are hassle free.

Just an update: Spoke with DJI, very quick conversation. They didn't walk me through "check this", "do that", it almost seemed as if the topic of my call was not unfamiliar to them. I received a "BH Photo" return authorization code from them, which BH accepted and I have returned the FMC package to BH awaiting refund.

Am trying to decide if I should try again with a new purchase? Did I get one from a bad batch? Wait for "updates"? Purchase Skydio2?

Appreciate any new information out there, especially if purchasing the FMC with the RC Pro from other vendors seem more reliable?

Thanks for any interest and replies,

Reactions: maggior
Looks like I'll be returning this to Drone Nerds. That's where I purchased it earlier this month. They sent me a RA# and shipping label today.
These connection issues started as soon as I initially fired it up, right out of the box. Mine should've never left the factory.

There appears to be some hope, some people are saying perfect function right out of the box. For nearly $1800, they darn well SHOULD perform flawlessly.
Have you had any luck with your new controller? I have had same issue with the controller disconnecting shortly after flying no more than 100 yards. I also purchased from drone nerds.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming