DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2S Will not maintain connection with RC Pro.

That is disappointing to hear about B&H - I've had many very good transactions with them over the years, with a few returns also, and everything has gone smoothly. I suspect they've been burned a few too many times by folks returning drones that "have only been flown once for testing" but returned a crashed or damaged drone. Anyway, you should definitely pursue the issue with DJI - hopefully there's some way to make this situation right.

Spoke to BH Photo weekday people. No return. Had to ask to be bumped to manager.

I explained to the manager that under the return policies on their website it does not specific a return exception for DJI products. Their response was basically oh well that’s the policy.

The manager said that in order to return thIs DJI drone I would need to speak with DJI directly and then and only them if DJI authorizes a return I can then return it to BH. Apparently need a special code from DJI.

Will jump through the hoops with DJI but if they decline me returning I have just basically wasted $1800 which is not insignificant to me.

Even if DJI gives me some workaround will it really be permanently safe to fly without the constant worry it will disconnect. Had my MP OG for years and it was flawless and trustworthy.

Usually purchase items (especially big ticket items) from Amazon or Walmart as their return policies are fair and well understood. Won’t be doing business with BH again when their are other options out there.

Thanks for the replies.
Good to know about this with B&H, I’ll never buy a drone through them with this type of policy.

Sounds like the best thing now is to go through warranty service with DJI and hopefully it won’t take long.

Are there lots of Air 2S WITH RC PRO users on the forum that DO NOT have this problem?

Did I get a lemon, or is there still some buggy issues with the RC PRO and Air 2S (or even MP 3)??

Not sure if I should try to get a replacement, or wait for issues to be sorted out (or even go for something like Skydio 2+ -- I am not "active" enough to really justify a follow-me drone as my skiing down triple black diamond runs and motocross are waaaaay in my rear view mirror now :)

Was planning a trip to Moab (area) end of April, now looks like my droning fun is in flux.

Are there lots of Air 2S WITH RC PRO users on the forum that DO NOT have this problem?

Did I get a lemon, or is there still some buggy issues with the RC PRO and Air 2S (or even MP 3)??

Not sure if I should try to get a replacement, or wait for issues to be sorted out (or even go for something like Skydio 2+ -- I am not "active" enough to really justify a follow-me drone as my skiing down triple black diamond runs and motocross are waaaaay in my rear view mirror now :)

Was planning a trip to Moab (area) end of April, now looks like my droning fun is in flux.
I think it is more of a lemon issue. When it reacts this way right out of the box, something is defective. Whether it is in the aircraft or the controller really doesn’t matter. Since B&H is being bull headed and not honoring their 30 day return/exchange policy you should work with DJI Customer Support and get this fixed ASAP. From other posts I’ve seen here you are looking at 10 to 20 days turn around time.

Thanks for the replies -- will get in touch with DJI today and start the process. Will let you know what the outcome of all this is.

Appreciate the responses.

Was it the RC Pro Fly More? How did the price compare to the $1800 BH Photo price? I would've spent more and got it through amazon for the peace of mind if I could go back.
It was $1750 but I had nearly $600 of Amazon vouchers to use, so it ended up being a lot less, without the stress of having to argue with a reseller should it prove to be defective.

The thing with the Amazon listing is it still pictures the old smart controller. If you read comments and reviews you will see it comes with the Rc pro. The price also matches the b&h price which is another indicator.

A real bummer to see these issues.

The thing with the Amazon listing is it still pictures the old smart controller. If you read comments and reviews you will see it comes with the Rc pro. The price also matches the b&h price which is another indicator.

Uhg, good for others, but wish I had done more due diligence.

I would be interested in hearing other's experience good/bad with the 2S and the RC Pro.

The reviews and questions are a mixed bag between people who got the new RC Pro and people who got the older Smart Controller. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe they are now finally just sending out the RC Pro. If that's the case, their Amazon listing needs a major overhaul.

The reviews and questions are a mixed bag between people who got the new RC Pro and people who got the older Smart Controller. Maybe I just got lucky, or maybe they are now finally just sending out the RC Pro. If that's the case, their Amazon listing needs a major overhaul.
If you get the wrong one, at least returns to amazon are painless.

I don't have that problem with my Air 2S and the RC Pro. I'm pretty sure I don't count as lots of members, but I'm at least one.
Ditto. No such problems in the month I have been flying the B&H combo.

I saw this review on amazon: ... very recent review too

Amazon Customer
2.0 out of 5 stars RC-Pro Disconnections | DJI Support No Help!
Reviewed in the United States on March 11, 2022
Size: DJI Air 2S Fly More Combo + Smart ControllerVerified Purchase
I purchased the new bundle with the RC-Pro (it is not listed, it is just what comes when you order the smart controller now)

It works great until there is an unexpected disconnection. It is not a RC disconnect, but an app disconnection. I followed all DJI recommendations to no avail. I returned it in hopes that it was a unit specific issue.

I ordered a second, and after a short test, it began doing the same disconnection. I contacted DJI and they gave me a run around telling me to try again, then I was disconnected from support. I emailed them, and I was given the same response to try again.

This issue is not isolated and has happened at multiple locations with two different drones. I even tested it against the original Mavic Mini, there was no issues whatsoever in the same situations.

I love the drone, I love my previous experiences with DJI, but I cannot invest in a product at this level with inconsistencies in connection and lack of customer service.

Reactions: maggior
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna