DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 - autoland instead of RTH at the end of waypoint mission

mkeky

Reactions
Hello everyone!
I have recently experienced a very worrying behavior that happens at the end of each waypoint flight.

first of all i'm using a litchi mission converted into waypoint 2 mission thanks to the great wesbarris web utilities.
once uploaded on my phone (i'm using the fcc dji .10 version of the app frome dronetweaks) i fly the mission using the 4g dongle for extra safety. 4g dongle functions with lots of breaks but it does function.

the real problem is at the end: no matter if you have specificed RTH at the end of waypoint mission, after the last waypoint the aircraft will initiate autolanding, everytime and every mission.
please note battery is plenty so it's not a failsafe procedure

has anyone experienced this?

mickey

the real problem is at the end: no matter if you have specificed RTH at the end of waypoint mission, after the last waypoint the aircraft will initiate autolanding, everytime and every mission.
please note battery is plenty so it's not a failsafe procedure
All DJI Fly missions created from my "Litchi to DJI Fly" converter have the "finish action" hard-coded to "goHome" when the mission completes:

'wpml:finishAction' => 'goHome',

Question: Do missions manually created in DJI Fly exhibit the same behavior or does the drone return to home after the mission completes? I would assume that they return to home as expected. If that is the case, would you create a simple mission in DJI Fly that would return to home after it completes, export that mission as a KMZ file, and send it to me? I would like to see if there is any difference in one of your working missions when compared to one created by my utility. It may be easier to contact me directly through my web site.

This may be as simple as the last waypoint being too close to the Home Point. If it is less than 5m, it will land where it is, which in this case can be as much as 15ft plus GPS error off of your home point... Not unusual for the total offset then to be as much as 30-40ft.

If the last WP is well outside the 5m radius around the HP, something else is happening.

Reactions: tribar and DJ Wes
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH