DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Fan Problem?

Can anyone test their Air 3 and see when the fans come on if it makes a strange noise? Almost like it’s rubbing or something. See the video below.
Thanks in advance.

That certainly doesn't sound normal. I would set up a ticket with DJI in regards to that fan noise. It may not effect the flying of the aircraft, but could cause a over heating error soon enough.

That certainly doesn't sound normal. I would set up a ticket with DJI in regards to that fan noise. It may not effect the flying of the aircraft, but could cause an over heating error soon enough.
I agree. I just wanted to see if anyone else has the same thing going on before I do so.
Thank you

My Air2S did the very same thing out of the box and it would dissipate as the drone would warm up. All in all it's not normal and mine does not have that issue.

Reactions: DJAluzion
That certainly doesn't sound normal. I would set up a ticket with DJI in regards to that fan noise. It may not effect the flying of the aircraft, but could cause a over heating error soon enough.
And impact to the aircraft in flight is not impossible, depending on how hot it gets, and what DJI has programmed under extreme overheating. Might forced-land.

tried moving it around with the fan running and the sound of the fan was constant not like yours

Well, crap.
As I was updating FW, I picked up the A3 and it is making the same darn noise as yours is. It’s likely harmless but I will have the same fear as someone mentioned above, a future overheating issue.

lame, any chance we can get a few more members to mimic the OP’s YouTube vidya to confirm it’s not just my triggered OCD and they all don’t have the same fan noise? It would be lame to go through the hassle of returning it and have the next rig do they same thing!

Did you end up retuning it or send to DJI?

I haven’t even flown it yet, I don't want to wait weeks for DJI to send it back to me, telling me that it’s ”normal”!

Hopefully BestBuy will exchange it.

Last edited:
Well, crap.
As I was updating FW, I picked up the A3 and it is making the same darn noise as yours is. It’s likely harmless but I will have the same fear as someone mentioned above, a future overheating issue.

lame, any chance we can get a few more members to mimic the OP’s YouTube vidya to confirm it’s not just my triggered OCD and they all don’t have the same fan noise? It would be lame to go through the hassle of returning it and have the next rig do they same thing!

Did you end up retuning it or send to DJI?

I haven’t even flown it yet, I don't want to wait weeks for DJI to send it back to me, telling me that it’s ”normal”!

Hopefully BestBuy will exchange it.
Hey, So I haven't returned it yet as it hasn't gotten worse and I spoke to DJI about it and they said I can send it in at anytime. I also have DJI care and plan to keep that on the drone as long as I own it, so that will keep the manufacturer warranty active as well even past the 1 year mark. I felt the same way, I didn't want to go through exchanging everything in the beginning. It is a very low noise and only when the drone rotates do yo hear it.

If it starts to make noise with the drone just sitting there I will then send it in as that means its getting worse.

Reactions: DirtyDrone
Well, since no one else wants to evaluate their fans, I guess I’ll exchange it with Best Buy while I’m still within the 15 day window!

Can anyone test their Air 3 and see when the fans come on if it makes a strange noise? Almost like it’s rubbing or something. See the video below.
Thanks in advance.

I have an Autel Evo Max 4T which does the same thing with the fan. I sent it in to Autel and they said there are no problems. It hasn’t caused any issues yet.

I have an Autel Evo Max 4T which does the same thing with the fan. I sent it in to Autel and they said there are no problems. It hasn’t caused any issues yet.
That’s what I would expect DJI to say, kinda why I was interested to see if it was just my unit or if others are similar.

No I haven’t sent it in yet. It has t gotten any worse and doesn’t seem to affect the operation
Thanks bud. Yes I assume it will be fine. I’m keeping it until I need to send it in.

Hi Guys! It strange, but as I think it noise comes from something like gimbal control or orientation sensors{like gyroscope},nothing related to fan{no RPM dropping then fan touches something inside}

Hi Guys! It strange, but as I think it noise comes from something like gimbal control or orientation sensors{like gyroscope},nothing related to fan{no RPM dropping then fan touches something inside}

There is no physical gyroscope spinning in the drone. There never has been in any consumer drone.

The "gyro" function is synthesized from the solid-state accelerometer/compass.

I checked my Mavic air 3-there ho any noises just fan running and even I try shake or turn it, in that case the fan propeller should be heave enough to react on that kind moving....however don't forget were this bird was build !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1