DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 is getting poor signal in CE mode.

thesotman

Reactions
Hi,
When flying in an urban area with my DJI Air 3, I don't even get to 1km before the signal starts breaking up.
Is there anything I can do to get better range?
Thanks.

-Point the RC correctly
-Make sure you have a totally free line of sight between the RC & AC
-Try 5,8GHz which can work better if you have a lot of 2,4GHz WiFi interference.

-Point the RC correctly
-Make sure you have a totally free line of sight between the RC & AC
-Try 5,8GHz which can work better if you have a lot of 2,4GHz WiFi interference.
RC is pointed correctly
No obstacles between RC and AC
Have not tried 5.8 GHz yet.
One more thing, When I activate the return to home, I can't tilt the gimbal up or down.
Thanks.

RC is pointed correctly
No obstacles between RC and AC
And you're sure about that..?

If having the AC out on 1km distance up on 120m height (that's 400ft) the RC should be pointed just 7 degrees above horizontal position.

Then I know from own experience & calculation that it's always hard to stay within transmission LOS in urban environments.

If I fly from my house in an suburban environment full of 2 storey buildings I have a line of pine trees approx on 190m distance, they are like 25-30m high... if flying out on a 120m height the AC will start to disappear behind that tree line when the AC is out on approx 1000m & the connection will start to break up.

Look at below, this is the math... & the closer to the RC you have tall objects the shorter out you will come on any given fixed height.

1693998439620.png

Reactions: JP_CACIKE
Do you know why the gimbal won't tilt up or down when using return to home?
Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weblloyd