DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Antenna Mod

Hey thanks BeanBubba I'll have a look at it all. May just have to do something like this.

The question: is it worth approximately $1000 to get 2-5 miles extra range from your abode??

If not, the tower/mast solution is not for you...

Don't you have all the stuff it takes to test the current draw of those amps under full load? You should run a little test on them just to see what they pull.

Don't you have all the stuff it takes to test the current draw of those amps under full load? You should run a little test on them just to see what they pull.

The sunhams amp's are a rounding error in power budget planning on the mavic. But yes, I will test and let you know.

The question: is it worth approximately $1000 to get 2-5 miles extra range from your abode??

If not, the tower/mast solution is not for you...

I lowered my mast for maintenance today, this is similar to what your setup would look like if you installed one for yourself. My abode is fully surrounded by trees and from ground level I could go out about 2 miles. With this mast at 40 feet high I have tested out to 6 miles, but pretty sure I can do a couple more at least.

It is an expensive luxury, buy hey... you only live once :)

And cybernate must be toppled at all costs !!!

dronemods-023.png

Not really on topic but @sprtbkrydr maybe you can help.
Did this:
1500761062702.jpg

When i plug this into the amps the white lights come on (cannot fly, nighttime & TSRA) but when plugging in sometimes little spark at the connector.. is this because of 12v? Never had this with powerbanks. Need to point out that i need to plug in 1 side a bit angled cause not much space between amps.

That's normal nothing to worry about. I'm glad you got it fixed. White stripe to hot right? Without the bird on you should have just a white light.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ