DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Antenna Mod

I have a Mavic AIR and would like to add a 5.8ghz booster to the AC that I have laying around from RexUAV. Requires 12v and I’d like to wire into the drone like @milchoni has done to his Pro. Assuming my process being the same, does anyone know the pin outs for the AIR and what I need in order to connect the booster to the drone?
Pic of the Angry Bird currently:
View attachment 43045
Did u managed anything i own the air to, looking to extend the range.

Did u managed anything i own the air to, looking to extend the range.
imo, the alientech pro 5.8G is an absolute godsend for the mavic air. you won't get mavic pro range, but i found it to triple my range through heavy interference/obstacles

So Texas Mavic, where is this project at, did it end? I'm wanting to mod my original Mavic 1 for distance and hang time. Any help would be appreciated. thanks
I have gotten back to this mod this past weekend. I tried it first with a 2 watt amp that uses 5 volts and had issues. So I have a 4 watt dragon amp (best for birdside amplification)that I have taken out of its housing and put pcb mounted sma connectors and heatsink. It runs off of 12 volts so I will power it with a sideboard battery or run a 3rd power line from the Mavic board. I should be able to test Saturday morning. Any questions just send me a message and I’m happy to help.

Reactions: Robpol
I have gotten back to this mod this past weekend. I tried it first with a 2 watt amp that uses 5 volts and had issues. So I have a 4 watt dragon amp (best for birdside amplification)that I have taken out of its housing and put pcb mounted sma connectors and heatsink. It runs off of 12 volts so I will power it with a sideboard battery or run a 3rd power line from the Mavic board. I should be able to test Saturday morning. Any questions just send me a message and I’m happy to help.
I just bought 2 4w dragons but when I installed the right connectors, only 1 dragon on the left lit green and red, and a dragon on the right is still a red without any reaction. Can you help me ??

Attachments

• 3023cc2d8d9769c93086.jpg
    3023cc2d8d9769c93086.jpg
    689.4 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Texas Mavic
I just bought 2 4w dragons but when I installed the right connectors, only 1 dragon on the left lit green and red, and a dragon on the right is still a red without any reaction. Can you help me ??
Yes. The left antenna is the only one that needs amplification. The right antenna is a diversity channel, so there will not be transmit/receive signals like the left. I can 100% assure you that the right antenna is useless to amplify. Both lights won’t light up on the right antenna. Again because there isn’t tx/rx activity.

Reactions: Hoangthiensu
6C9D7BE3-BBEA-483D-B971-C610B172E0E0.jpeg
I put an omnidirectional on my right antenna and use a panel directional for my left antenna. And only use one amp on the left.

Attachments

• 35822AA3-7B91-4F78-A05E-F235CBFB8848.jpeg
    35822AA3-7B91-4F78-A05E-F235CBFB8848.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 37
Make sure to power the amp adequately. I use at least a 3S 2000mah 11.1 volt lipo to power one amp. I can make you the cable if you need help with it.

Yes. The left antenna is the only one that needs amplification. The right antenna is a diversity channel, so there will not be transmit/receive signals like the left. I can 100% assure you that the right antenna is useless to amplify. Both lights won’t light up on the right antenna. Again because there isn’t tx/rx activity.
oh it turns out. I have been struggling for days with the antenna on the right. Can you give me the details you are using ??

oh it turns out. I have been struggling for days with the antenna on the right. Can you give me the details you are using ??
Sure thing, what details would you like to know? I am using a 9dbi panel antenna for the tx/rx (left) antenna, and a 6dbi omnidirectional on the right. I am using the same amp as you. Inside the red amp made by “Turbowing” is the exact circuit as the dragon/dove amp. I have ran an led display that connects to the battery to tell me how much voltage is getting to the amp. My diy setup cost me about $70 bucks with the amp. It blows away 4Hawks, Alientech, and Titan. And Nanosync.

Last edited:
Sure thing, what details would you like to know? I am using a 9dbi panel antenna for the tx/rx (left) antenna, and a 6dbi omnidirectional on the right. I am using the same amp as you. Inside the red amp made by “Turbowing” is the exact circuit as the dragon/dove amp. I have ran an led display that connects to the battery to tell me how much voltage is getting to the amp. My diy setup cost me about $70 bucks with the amp. It blows away 4Hawks, Alientech, and Titan. And Nanosync.
I just want to be like that;)) At first I didn't study carefully, so I bought both dragons. You explain that I found it redundant. I have a spare charger that has 5V output but the dragon charger only works at 6V-18V, I am looking to buy this type, it has the function to power up 9v or 12v. I'm wondering what effect the electric current is, right? Because the charging parameters of the ampere are 12V-1A, this wire turns on 12v-1.5A

Attachments

• 3.BO-CHUYEN-NGUON-5V-9V12V-4.jpg
    3.BO-CHUYEN-NGUON-5V-9V12V-4.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 24
I just want to be like that;)) At first I didn't study carefully, so I bought both dragons. You explain that I found it redundant. I have a spare charger that has 5V output but the dragon charger only works at 6V-18V, I am looking to buy this type, it has the function to power up 9v or 12v. I'm wondering what effect the electric current is, right? Because the charging parameters of the ampere are 12V-1A, this wire turns on 12v-1.5A
Negative. You have to have an external cell to power your amp if you are looking to use it with your remote. You can not power the amp from the remote. The amp is not something you want to power with a charger, from a usb source. It’s best to take the cable that came with the wall power adapter and make a cable that you can plug a 12v battery into. I do not suggest trying to power the amp at lower voltage with an external cell. You will not get optimal performance from a 9 volt battery.

You can use the second dragon as a back up, or you can do the Aircraft side amp. Do you have soldering skills? If so this is very easy to do.

Negative. You have to have an external cell to power your amp if you are looking to use it with your remote. You can not power the amp from the remote. The amp is not something you want to power with a charger, from a usb source. It’s best to take the cable that came with the wall power adapter and make a cable that you can plug a 12v battery into. I do not suggest trying to power the amp at lower voltage with an external cell. You will not get optimal performance from a 9 volt battery.
oh? That plan is not feasible ?? So I have to buy a lipo battery to power the dragon ?? Which type should I use?

I'm selling these batteries like this one. What kind of power can I use to stabilize the dragon?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes